Part 24

Arjun took Vidur to Yudhishtir and  elaborated the purpose of his visit. Vidur advised without hesitation.' Refuse the invitation. Nothing happens then. But if you come over there everything will be lost."  Yudhishtir Is in dilemma. ' How could I refuse Jyesht Pitasri? He is a father figure to me. Also If we get invitation for war or dice game,we should not reject. That is  the norm of Kshatriyas." Bheem exploded. ' When Kakasri  himself is revealing their bad intention why should we accept their call ? Eldest,be sensible. Reject their  invitation." Nakul supported Bheem.' Eldest we established the Empire of Dharma here with hard work and with Krishna's help. Let us not forego this due to that  wicked Duryothan. " Arjun asked Vidur. ' What did grandfather say ? Did he try to stop Duryothan?" Vidur replied desparately.' He did. But Duryothan is adamant. He did not consider Your Grand Father's counciling." Sahadev remained silent through out. Kunti pleaded with Yudhishtir. ' Eldest. Think properly and take a decision.Think about our people,our family and our dependents." She had tears in her eyes. Draupadi who is trying to make Pragati sleep in her lap said. ' Atleast we should think of our children and their future. All this prosperity did not come into our lap all of a sudden. So much hard work went into the establishment of Indraprasth." Arjun  suggested.' Since Madhav is busy with Salva war let us say we will honour their call once he becomes free. We never did anything without his council. Even to take a decision about Rajasuya,we called him here to guide us. So let us gain time till Madhav comes." Vidur applauded Arjun. ' That is perfect Arjun,I know you will find a way out." Kunti  supported Arjun. ' Eldest,let Kanha come from Dwaraka. We won't decide anything without him." Panchali cast an appreciating look at Arjun. But Yufhishtir did not relent. ' How can I make Jyesht Pita wait like that? It is not proper. He may feel bad." Panchali got irritated and burst out. ' Fine. You all can go . But I will stay back at Indraprasth with my children. Anyway Dice game is for men. What will I do there ?" Yudhishtir is firm.' There will be a  protocall for the Empress. Didn't Ganthari Mata and Bhanumati come .. here for Rajasuya? You should follow that norm." Panchali wished to tell him that Ganthari came all the way to IndraPrasth to see Arjun and Draupadi's children.But kept quiet thinking it is waste of effort to try and change his mind when he already took a decision. Yudhishtir declared.' I know Dice game is the worst vice. But I have to honour Jyesht Pita's word. Let us send our sons to Panchal with Priyamvada Masi. Let Devika,Karenu and Vijaya go to their parents. We will see what we have to face as per out fate." Every one was dumbfounded. Arjun remembered Krishna's words and Sahadev's prediction.No one can change that what is ordained in our fate. He thought desparately. Atleast Eldest should have allowed Panchali to go to Panchal. That would have been a great relief. Bheem Is miffed and irritated. Nakul threw his hands up in despair. Sahadev silently walked off. ...

In the night Arjun faced the fire of his Fireborn with concern and helplessness. She reiterated the fact .' I always told you I don't want this crown,I don't want to be the Empress. Now see,how I was compelled to do what I hate the most. And you didn't say anything." She burst out and hid her face in her knees. Arjun took her into his arms and tried to pacify.' I know.I am your offender. I thought atleast we can wait till Madhav comes. No.that is not possible.You don't know how I hate myself when I see you like this. I broke the promise made at the time of marriage that I will look after you always and stand by you. I hate myself for that."
Panchali looked into his eyes that are depicting his heartfelt sorrow for not being able to do anything. The architect of their fortune and prosperity could not do anything before his Eldest. But she knew his weakness since begining.What is new now? Panchali clasped his neck with her beautiful palms and assured him.' Let us face  anything together. Don't blame yourself. I can't see you sad just like you can't see me in worry. Let us be together in happiness and sadness. " Arjun got tears in his eyes seeing her undeterred love. If only he becomes worthy of her love,then his life will be blessed. He hugged her closer and closer and closer.

It has been a difficult task to convince Kirti to go to Panchal. But eventually Arjun managed. He reminded him the scornful faces of Duryothan and his friends whom Kirti hated so much.' My son,you won't enjoy much in Hastinapur. You go to dhrisht Mama ,he will make you play games and your grandfather loves you so much. We will come and pick you up. Then we will return back to Indraprasth."
Kirti agreed halfheartedly but hugged Panchali and insisted. ' Mata won't go there.She and Pragati should come with me." Draupadi looked at Arjun with tears. Arjun lifted Kirti and looking into his eyes,said in a soft voice.' Kirti,is Arjun's son. He will be brave and  he will wait for Mata at Panchal. We will come in very short while."
Kirti looked at his father and grasped the essence. Yes,he heard so  many times from so many people that his father is great. Abhi always told him it is special to be Arjun's sons.
Panchali kissed him and promised.' I love you more than Pragati. More than your Pitasri.You will listen to me no?," Kirti kissed her back and promised.' I will go to Panchal. But do come soon." The next day The Five sons were sent to Panchal under the escort of one of the chief commanders of Arjun.
Priyamvada accompanied them while Malini made arrangements to follow Panchali.That day in Indraprasth Panchali did not eat lunch and refused to budge even if Kunti insisted. Bheem felt bad and expressed his anguish.' Why would Eldest not realise our feelings? Why should our sons leave their Kingdom and go to Panchal like refugees? I would like to break the head of that Duryothan and teach him a lesson.Arjun,I told you not to keep that fellow inside Indraprasth. Now see what happened."
Kunti called her four sons to her chamber that evening.she is looking disturbed. 'My sons,come what may be united.Dont let your rivals win by losing your unity. Bheem be calm in the face of calamity. Phalgun,promise me you will take care of  keeping unity among your brothers.Even at the cost of losing happiness you will obey your Eldest.Promise me." Arjun was bewildered.Will he be able to keep her word? Kunti took his hand. 'There is so much left to be done by you as per the prediction.I know you will restore the kingdom even if Eldest loses it.I feel relieved if you honour my word." Arjun nodded with a blank face.' Madhav,where are you? Drag me out of this confusion." He pleaded with his Madhav.
Early next morning they started their journey along with Vidur. Kunti and Panchali occupied one chariot with Pragati. The journey was tedious and as expected,Panchali's period started as soon as they reached there. Gandhari is concerned and arranged a separate room for her away from the women's apartments.The wives of Kauravas and other relatives were spellbound on seeing her Devine beauty.Bhanumati looked after her needs and attended on her. Panchali gave Pragati to her mother in law after feeding her. She can't even meet Arjun as per the strict rules followed by Kuru women when they menstruated.She could not get sleep and stayed awake thinking of Kirti. Govind,why are you not here? Please save us from any kind of embarrassment . " As she continued her prayer,the Sun rose on the most dreadful day in the history of Kurus and in the history of mankind.