Part 89

Gandhari is miffed that Draupadi can not join her co wives to give Arjun auspicious bath. She expressed her dissatisfaction.' Kunti why don't you allow Panchali to have small pleasures like these? Is she not like others? See how happy others are . They will have their moments with Arjun but not Panchali."
Every one went on their ways. Kunti tried to pacify her.' Didi Panchali is the eldest Bahu and the queen. She is committed to her responsibilities. Other bahus won't stay here permanently. So let them enjoy with Arjun." Ganthari did not relent.' Even Panchali won't stay with him permanently.your other sons will claim her you know it."
Kunti remained silent. She knew Ganthari's words are true. But she can't help it.
Arjun's wives gave him auspicious bath and drooled over his great physique and chiselled features. They reminisced their amorous experiences and smiled to themselves hiding their blushes. After washing his luscious hair they praised it to sky level. Ulupi is the silent beauty who stayed  behind others. She is apprehensive of Arjun's love for her.Afterall she abducted him but not otherwise.Chitra Subhadra and Rekha did everything while Arya and Alli stayed back.Alli remembered her night with him in Madhrai and wondered how could she forgive him for what he had done to her.She then found her answer when she touched his hair on the pretext of washing it. Her whole body and soul felt the thrill all over again.She knew she is in love.
Arjun wore new garments sent by his mother and Subhadra praised him.' You really look so nice today." Arjun quipped.' Why only today? I will look the same every day." Chitra pouted and retorted.' You have loads of attitude." Ulupi smiled at her friend's remark . Arya did Tilak nicely on his forehead.Rekha offered him a very beautiful Long chain of diamonds with a pendant that is made with Nagamani .' My brother Vasuki specially offered this to you. Try to wear it frequently.Nagamani helps you when you deal with Nagas."
Arjun smiled and said.' I have two Naga princesses as my wives. What is there to fear?"
When he met Krishna he lauded the wives of Arjun.' Parth they really did their job well. The tired look had gone. Now you look like you are about to sit in marriage mandap. Arjun laughed.Satya who came there asked with suspicion. What is going on? Don't plan anything behind my back." Arjun retorted.' Madhav let us go to her front and plan things." Krishna laughed heartfully. Satya smirked.' Arjun be ready .your wives are anxious to hear from you whom you love the most . They planned a separate session after dinner.Since you are my friend I am giving you hint."
Arjun seriously looked at Krishna and Krishna signalled with his eyes to be calm. The Brahmins lunch went on well with all the required formalities. Yudhishtir offered valuable presents to all of them in the name of Pandu. Despite Pragati pestering for her attention,Panchali looked after everything personally.After every one ate properly Panchali took Pragati and went off to her chamber. She has to tackle Kirti who is with Malini since morning. As soon as she went he ran to her with much annoyance. Malini complained.' Princess he didn't eat food. I tried so much but in vain." Panchali sighed This youngest son of her is quite different from the other four. He will never adjust without her. After a while Panchali made Kirti eat and he slept. She thought of Arjun. How sad he looked while feeding Brahmins. Till today he is unable to forget his father.Satya rushed in like whirlwind and questioned. ' What are you presenting Arjun? Your co wives are ready with many gifts." Panchali looked confused. What shall she offer him other than her love?
The dinner in the night proved how much Arjun is loved by Indraprasth residents.All the prominent merchants attended with precious gifts.Special food arrangements were made at the army front and in the citystreets. None of the residents cooked food that night. The grand dinner for the a Royal guests and important Residents was arranged in Sucha large scale .that Dussasan whispered in Duryothan's ear.' Bhrata I envy the prosperity of Pandavas.And Arjun? He is too lucky to get that much love and admiration."
Duryothan nodded with a frustrated look.Bheem called upon Nakul and asked him to serve his rival with all the varieties.Krishna held Pragati and enquired Duryothan if he enjoyed the meal.Sakuni quipped.' Maharaj Pandu's death coincided with Arjun's birthday.Still I appreciate all of you for this celebration." Krishna smiled and said.' Maharaj Pandu loved his third son a lot.He would feel bad if  his dearest son desists from celebration.Arjun is dejected. Why should Bheem and others do so much? Krishna observed his predicament and said.' Dont give importance to such comments  Ultimately the love of our people counts Parth."
Arjun nodded his head and remembered his father . How he used to,pamper him? Kunti says because of him,only he became spoilt.Satya came and disturbed him.' You know your wives are gearing up to offer you presents. Be ready." After the dinner Arjun and Krishna walked out enjoying the moonlit night. Arjun asked.' Shall I stay with you this nite? I don't  want to disappoint any of my wives." Ktishna laughed.' Will that applies to a certain Yajnaseni? " Arjun is silent.You tell me what I should do With whom I shall spend?" Krishna replied with a naughty smile. ' With all."Arjun exclaimed.' What are you saying? " Krishna smiled and took his hand.He led him through the sprawling garden lawns of Royal palace and stopped at the beautiful flower arch that forms the entrance to Draupadi's garden that gives a grand look to her palace.Suddenly Satya came out with Chitra and said. Welcome to both of you."

Arjun raised his eyebrows and asked.' Why can't you leave me and Madhav peacefully? I want to be with him all through the nite.' Chitra was miffed and protested.' For the first time we are here for your birth day and you don't want to be with us? I am hurt." Arjun felt bad for his attitude and said sorry. I didn't mean it.He tried to convince her.He placed his hand on her shoulder and lead her inside . Satya wondered.Arjun look so concerned for chitra.Is she the most loved wife? Ktishna smiled and alerted her. Now he obliged. Do your things as planned."
All the wives of Arjun felt happy seeing him there.As Arjun walked inside the garden he saw on the poolside Draupadi sitting with Kirti lying in on her lap. He observed Kirti who is holding a small Toy bow that Abhi used when he was two years old. His eyes searched for Abhi and found him in deep sleep on the cushion mat bedside Subhadra. He slept already? Why did you keep him here? I will take him to our mansion he told Subhadra who disagreed. If he gets up and won't find me or you he will make a scene.She said.
Satya wondered. Is Subhadra the most loved one? Arjun loves Abhi too much.So...Rekha called Satya.' Bhabhi Shall we start offering our gifts? It is already late." Satya nodded her head.Alli who is pregnant changed sides with a painful expression. She has backache and her feet are swollen.Arjun asked her maid to bring some more pillows to make her comfortably placed. Satya again is intrigued. It seems he loves all his wives.Pragati is on Rukmini's lap and highly active.Arjun took her and caressed her locks.His eyes exhibited how much he loved his little bundle of joy. Rekha got up and approached Arjun.Priyamvada took Pragati. Rekha has a bracelet in her hand . It is changing colours into the colours of nine gems.Never before such wonderful ornament Was seen by anyone.Satya was awestruck. Superb Rekha. Who made it so lovely? She questioned. Rekha replied. My brother Vasuki specially got it from Kuber's Alaka Puri. There are only three pieces One is with Indra.Another is with Adisesha and this is the third one.I asked my brother for Arya's birthday present.As Rekha fitted it on Arjun's left hand it looked great.Every one applauded wholeheartedly. Rekha asked Arjun how it is. He smiled and admitted.' Great. But why did you make your brother part with it? " Subhadra supported Rekha. It is fine.Sisters can demand anything from brothers. Isn't it Bhrata? She asked Krishna who readily agreed.Yes you can take anything from me." He obliged.