Part 149

The day arrived ,much awaited Ofcourse  for the royal family as well as the citizens of Hastinapur.
The horse Pawan stood at the outskirts along with its protecter,the acclaimed warrior par excellence Arjun who could not but feel sad for his companion. He is again and again looking at his Pawan who will sacrifice his life at the altar of Aswametha sacrifice.

Suddenly he felt tugged in the warmest hands that enveloped him making him forget his exhaustion,pain and everything." Madhav how long it had been since I felt your touch I missed you and not missed you. " Arjun clasped his neck like a small kid and blabbered.

Krishna has moisture in his eyes." I missed you and not missed you." He confessed.They both know they are together though they stay apart.
Finally you accomplished the purpose of your life Parth." Krishna said in a gleeful tone. Arjun sighed." Finally. I should be relieved of all bonds.I want to renounce everything and fly towards freedom."

Krishna scolded him." Who told you that nothing remains for you? Till you finish your final duty towards me You won't be relieved.Still time is there. Now enjoy domestic bliss till then. Some one back is so desparate to see you and feel you.Hurry up."
Arjun understood who she is. His Krishnaa. His another soulmate.

Swayam Dhritarashtr came to welcome Arjun and bless him for his success.The Pandavas,Subhadra,Arya with Parikshit came to greet him.

" Arjun you are the true Kuru prince who always held the flag of Hastinapur fly high.My brother Pandu's wish to get the best warrior as his son benefitted all of us. Not only valour your patience,intelligence and nobility place you far above your contemporaries.My blessings Kunti's pride"

Every one clapped at the old king's Heartfelt praise. Yudhishtir blessed him with tearful eyes." I don't know what to say. I could have done nothing without you. God bless you. Let generations all time sing your valour and commitment."
Bheem pulled Arjun from Yudhishtir and embraced him tightly." Proud of you brother. You proved you are worthy of being my brother."
Arjun smiled on hearing his flamboyant brother. " True Bhrata. You are my inspiration" he admitted humbly. Nakul and Sahadev hugged him with great regard and love.

Subhadra came forward and did Arti with Arya." We are proud to be your wives. A great honour for us." She said.
Arjun held Parikshit in his hands. The boy smiled at him and pulled his curls. He refused to go to Subhadra again.
The citizens of Hastinapur thronged the streets to have a look at the handsome warrior.They applauded him dancing with joy.

Arjun went with the procession and reached the Yajnasala where Pawan was welcomed with Vedic chants.The moment came when he has to bid adieu to his Pawan. Arjun has tears rolling down from his eyes. Krishna wiped his tears and dragged him almost from there. He took him to Kunti and Pragati who together hugged him joyously.
" Pitasri now onwards no going away from me I won't let you go" she demanded.

Kunti shed tears and softened his curls." Don't leave your mother now onwards. I can not bear with it."
She said in a choked voice.
Krishna then took Arjun to the hermitage where Draupadi is living in yajna Diksha.She wore a lite pink cotton sary with hair tied up in a knot. A red bindi and sindur are  making her face look beautiful with a strange glow.
Arjun walked towards her and she touched his feet. Arjun always resisted her when she tried to do so. But this time he just kept quiet . Krishna touched his shoulder and winked." That is like a good husband Parth. Kalyani now get up and look at his cheek bones.Let us decide."
Arjun looked at him with surprise while Panchali turned her face away with embarrassment.

Before Arjun could ask anything Bheem rushed there and ordered them to be ready within haif an hour to go round the Yajnasala and check if anything is left to be done.

Panchali looked at them  disappearing from her sight. She felt immense relief . Finally he reached back. Even if she doesn't get to  spend with him,she doesn't bother. But she can not bear the thought that he is miles away from her,not within her vision,not within her reach.