Chapter 27- A Mothers Love

Start from the beginning

The blue dress looking brilliant though she felt as if she was missing something as she rubbed her collar. She paused and opened the jewelry box that little black one that Batman had given her on her 5th birthday. Inside were a few pieces, Lilith slowly took out the necklace Conner had given her on her birthday. As she put it on and looked in the mirror again. It almost seemed to hurt to wear, yet she didn't have very many other choices. Unlike her assortment of gloves. Red, white, blue, black, and green of every shade. Most were gardening or winter gloves, but she skipped those pulling out a short-cut pair of velvet blue with white detail that matched the dress the best they could. 

They looked lovely with the long sleeves but the longer she sat there the less she wanted to go. She didn't even flinch when there came a knock at the door. 

"Lilith, are you coming?" Conner asked, not opening the door. Lilith didn't answer just sat there staring at her reflection. "Lilith I know your in there we're going to leave in a few minutes, I'll wait for you if you want." Conner said, "Don't," Lilith said, and despite having practically whispered it she knew he had heard her. "See you there...Please come to the dance," He pleaded, before leaving. Lilith sighed staying until she was sure they were gone before she stood spinning slightly to let the skirt flare up a bit. The dance had barely begun an hour before, she knew if she didn't show soon someone like Artemis might come to get her. A flower reached out to her almost as if in comfort they plants feeling her sadness all seemed to reach to her. This was new to her and she wanted to feel scared but then she felt their power flow into her again. 

"Stunning," 

Lilith froze her heart jumping to her throat. She turned to see what Lilith could only describe as a pollen illusion of her mother. Floating in the middle of the room. "Moth-I-Ivy," Lilith stammered, "Little flower, be not afraid," Ivy said, Lilith stared at her. Plants almost growing between them involuntarily as if to shield Lilith, sharing their strength.

"Amazing isn't it, your growing up so quickly. I didn't get that power for along time." Ivy said, "H-how?" Lilith breathed, "Your powers I can feel them through the plants. I could feel that you need someone, that you needed your mother." Ivy said holding out her arms as if she wanted to hug Lilith. "I don't need you mother," Lilith said, "Yes you do, you've been losing control I could feel it. Then just moments ago the plants told me that you wanted me." Ivy said her voice like honey, "I didn't-I never, I just wanted a hug from-" Lilith rambled, "From Super-boy?" Ivy asked, "N-no," Lilith lied, "Oh my sweet dear," Ivy tutted, "If only you had inherited my love powder ability, though you might develop something better. You've become so strong, might even rival me soon." She said proudly, sounding for a second like a real mother. 

"I don't want- I refuse to have that ability," Lilith said, "Oh there's no need anyway. You look ravishing my dear, any man in his right mind would fall at your feet." Ivy said, and Lilith couldn't help but feel a bit more confidant. Poison Ivy one of the most beautiful women let alone villains in the world thought Lilith was stunning. Even if she might lying it still felt good to believe.

"No, I'm not going," Lilith said and moved towards the bathroom, "I'm not trying to push you away my dear, I'm just wanting to be here for you," Ivy said and the tone made Lilith stop. "They'd come to get me anyways," Lilith reasoned, "Why don't you want to go?" Ivy asked and Lilith sighed. As much as she wanted her mother to leave. Something about having a heart to heart with her real mother no matter who she was, just needed to happen. 

"It's a sweetheart dance, it's going to be filled with-with..." Lilith paused, "Happy couples?" Ivy asked, "Nauseatingly happy," Lilith smirked, looking at her mother. "I know, but it could still be fun. No one expects you to go willingly, shock them all show up in still head held high and turn some heads." Ivy said and Lilith started laughing, "You really don't know me, mother." Lilith giggled, "I know that you are my daughter, I wasn't always this-" she gestured to herself, "A pollen ghost?" Lilith laughed making her mother smirk as well.
"Confident, though I had my moments of rebellion in my younger days." Ivy said, "I know father showed me the highschool yearbook, what were you thinking with that hair?" Lilith asked, "It was the style," Ivy shrugged, "Only yours," Lilith said as she moved closer and sat on her bed her mothers 'ghost' followed.

"It's hard being a teenager, and superpowers only throw it off even more. But you don't have to live this way." Ivy said, "What stuck in a state of perpetual fear?" Lilith scoffed, willing her tears not to come. "I think you and I both know what you have to do, show them the flower you are my sweetie grown-up girl," Ivy said, and a flower bloomed nearby. It was almost fake looking in its perfection. Lilith wasn't sure how but Ivy plucked it and braided it into her hair just behind her ear.
"I'm not sure if I'm that strong mother," Lilith whispered, "You're my daughter you are far stronger than you know, one day you will be a queen," Ivy said and Lilith looked at her confused, which Ivy didn't seem to notice as she hugged Lilith. Though it was by far the oddest hug Lilith had ever had, it still felt right. 

"And I'll be here whenever you need me, I can only hope you'll call on me my Flower," Ivy said and the inmistakeable smell of her mother filled the room as she vanished. Lilith stood and willed the plants to keep her secret. Ivy wouldn't know where she was, and no one would ever know her mother was there. Even if it was just a pollen image.