Chapter 36 - Zoo Date

"WOW how have we never been here before?" Musa said as she spun around, Tucker shrugged and looked around glad that despite it being a Sunday the Zoo was large enough that it seemed like almost no one was there. They stood just inside the entrance waiting by the fake animal statues for their friends.

"Yep I'm going to faint, she's blinding. Lance catch me before I hit the ground." Edwin said, Musa immediately broke into a smile while her brother rolled his eyes and stepped away from her. Edwin ran over after fake fainting which Lance stepped away from letting his friend fall on the hard ground.

"You two look rather handsome, a bit dressed up aren't you?" Musa teased brushing the dust off Edwin's jacket as he hugged her. "Says the one dressed for the renaissance festival," Lance joked, "Shows what you know, this is more of a short toga then a renaissance dress." She said sticking her tong out at him.

Though Lance had to agree that she was right. Both he and Edwin had worn their best pair of black jean pants and cotton button down shirts. Edwin going for a tacky green while Lance stuck with a nice black one. Although he wore a zip up hoody over it, it however was really warm out so he pushed the sleeves up his arms. "Is Lilith here yet?" Lance asked looking around hoping he had missed her somehow.

"Take a breather magic fingers she's not here yet, she'll find us. We are ten minuets early," Edwin said, "Yeah she hasn't cancelled yet," Musa said but Lance wasn't listening he opened his phone to check. 'No new Messages' Lance sighed trying to calm his heart which was pounding so hard he was sure the others could hear it. Time came to a crawl as they waited.

"Any minuet now I'm sure," Musa said as she noticed Lances climbing anxiousness. They nearly all jumped and turned when they heard Conners voice behind them, "I thought I heard a familiar voice, Lilith found them!" Conner said, Musa paused giving him a slightly admiring look as Lilith appeared. Lance immediately smiled, trying to push the question of 'why is Conner here?' out of his head as he walked over to meet Lilith.

Lilith was a bit nervous as she played with her skirt try to get it to lay flat. She didn't often wear them and if it wasn't for the dark green leggings and knee high boots she wore with them she would have been completely out of her comfort zone. Only slightly wishing she had a spare hair tie as the soft breeze kept blowing the stray hairs in her face. Conner on the other hand had opted for his usual jeans and a t-shirt look.

"Sorry we're late, I dropped like half the stuff out of my purse trying to find my wallet at the gate." Lilith apologized brushing a stray hair behind her ear. "If you had just let me pay for your ticket like I offered you wouldn't have had to go digging," Conner teased playfully, "You look adorable, doesn't she guys?" Musa said rushing over and hugging Lilith quickly, before stepping aside and taking Liliths arm in hers. All the guys nodded in agreement, "Well lets get this party started!" Musa said starting to drag Lilith down the sidewalk with her. Lilith glanced back in desperation to Edwin and the others. Edwin smiled and shrugged knowing that none of them could help her when Musa was this full of energy.

"So what do you want to see first? Giraffes? rhinos? loins?" Musa asked the boys trailing behind the pair. Conner and Tucker seemed content enough too follow, Edwin and Lance seemed on the other hand seemed to want to walk with the girls, but every time they got close enough to walk on either side Musa and Lilith would bolt taking Lilith with her.

"Take our picture," Musa said to Edwin, but Tucker always the prepared one. Already had his camera out. Lilith stood awkwardly as Musa posed in front of a group of Rhinos, then they ran over to the giraffe enclosure. "Can we feed them please?" Musa asked Edwin who immediately smiled and dizzily went over to buy the food for Musa, Tucker took photos and laughed when his sister freaked out at the tongue touching her hand. Lilith giggled as she watched Edwin gross out as Musa threatened to rub the slobber on his shirt.