Chapter 21- Leaves

Lilith sat up in slowly her head was killing her. "Finally awake I see," Batman said, Lilith looked around to see him near a monitor where a bunch of wires lead, connecting her to it. She was in an odd medical bay. Her father was asleep in a chair nearby. "What happened?" Lilith asked, "Harley Quinn hit you with something, knock out agent from what I can tell." Batman explained, "Why?" "We think they were trying to catch you," "Me?" Lilith asked, "Not enough info to know why yet, but we'll find out." Lilith looked around remembering the events from the day before, "So am in trouble?" Lilith asked, Batman looked at her then away. "No," he said, "Am I still on probation?" She asked, "That depends," "Oh what?" "If your father will let you go back to the team." Batman said leaving her alone in the room with her father.

***

Lilith thought about what she was going to say to her father for the next few hours while waiting for him to wake. The moment he opened his eyes and saw her he tackled her in a bear hug, "My pumpkin how are you, are you hungry? No you must be tired here I'll get you a glass of water and you can rest." Her father rambled, "Father, I'm fine I feel as fit as a fiddle, see?" She said standing up, that only freaked him out more making her sit back down while he ran to get her something to eat. when he returned she ate slowly, "Father?" Lilith asked, "Yes Pumpkin?" "I wanted to talk to you about the team?" "Team?" He asked, "Super boy and everyone, they're my team. You see while you were gone I kind of started training to be a super hero." She said her voice getting softer with every word. He only smiled, "I know, and I know you've been so brave this entire time. But don't worry you don't have to do it anymore now that I'm home you don't have go fight villains looking anymore." "Uh..what?" "I know you've been training to save me, and don't worry I'm home now no need to do it any more. My brave little girl," He said hugging her, "Oh, um... Right," Lilith sighed just as the door opened. 

"Conner!" She said with a smile, "Oh well I'll go put this away while you talk to your friend." Her father said taking the empty food tray and leaving her alone with Conner. As he left he patted Conner on the shoulder, still unsure how to thank him for saving Lilith. "Batman said you were awake," Conner said awkwardly from the doorway, "Well," Lilith sighed, "You feel better?" "Since I don't remember being hurt yeah I guess so."  Lilith said as he walked over to me siting on the chair by her. "We were all a little worried there for a bit," Conner said, "Sorry," Lilith said looking down, "Not your fault Harley got you that's it." "Right I'm still confused on why she tried to knock me out," Lilith said, "So are we," Conner said, "Any luck tracking them all down?" Lilith asked, "Nope, but we've been a bit busy with missions." "Yeah," "It'll be easier when you get back," Conner said with a smile, "Yeah," I said with strained smile, "Well I've got to get back see you tomorrow at school," he said standing, "Yeah," I said, "Oh you've got," He started to say and reached out to take something out of her hair. Her breath caught in her throat as his thumb slightly brushed Liliths cheek as he pulled something from her hair. "Got it," He said showing her a leaf. "Oh," she sighed letting the breath out, "Oh my powers sometimes make things grown in my sleep," Lilith explained, "I know," he smiled and left with the leaf in hand. The moment the door close behind him Lilith slumped back into the pillows. "I'm hopeless," She sighed putting her head in her hands, only pulling back when she felt something on her hands. She saw another leaf growing on her wrist. "Strange," Lilith said willing it to vanish, when it was gone she looked at her wrist confused. That hadn't happened since she was a child.

"Lilith," she heard her father said as the door opened again she put a fake smile on as he entered with ice cream for both of them.