Chapter 22- Choice

"I'm off to school," Lilith yelled to father as she put her shoes on. "Lil Wait," He said running to the door, "I was thinking you should take a sick day, you're still recovering from the sensitive after all." He said softly, "I'm fine father, fit as a fiddle and I shouldn't miss any more school." She said, "You're right," "Don't worry Father I'm fine, I can handle anything." She said just as she heard Conner's voice, "You coming Lilith?!" He shouted from the tree line, Lilith couldn't help but smile as she ran to him. It took her a second to see that Meg was there as well but it didn't dampen her spirits. "Ready," Lilith said waving goodbye to her father as the three of them walked away. 

The moment they were out of view of the house Lilith's shoulders slumped as she sighed.  "What wrong?" Meg asked looking at Lilith from the corner of her eye. "My father, Batman said that I can be a real part of the team-" "That's great!" Conner said smiling, "If my father lets me," "Not so great," He said

 "Have you asked him?" Meg asked, "No, I mean he's just so worried. I understand why he's so protective after being kidnapped and me being practically kidnapped. Because of that I doubt he'll let me just run back into danger." "What are you going to do then?" Conner asked, "I don't know, just keep training for now I guess." Lilith shrugged, "Well you have to ask him eventually," Meg said, "Not to be rude Meg but I think either  you understand my situation." Lilith started and she saw Megs expression tighten.

 "I mean your uncle practically handed you a place on the team, and Conner from what I understand you straight up told them to get out the way if they weren't going to approve you guys being a team. My father isn't going to just let me run off into danger, and I doubt Batman will let me without permission. Even if I told them they had no choice." Lilith said,  "Worth a try," Conner shrugged as Meg sighed, "I really want to be apart of the team, but without Father letting me go. I don't see how," "Then tell Batman he said yes," Conner said, "But he hasn't," "Lie," He smiled, "I am not lying to Batman, I'm barley on the team as is." Lilith said, horrified at even the idea. "I agree, lies and secrets are bad. We can't work as a properly as a team if hide things from each other." Meg said, "Then ask him," "It's not that easy," Lilith said, "Whats hard about?" Conner asked, "What if he says no," "Conner is right you never know until you ask," Meg shrugged, "Right," Lilith said 

They were just coming out of the tree line into the city when Lilith felt a wave of pure power. It came on so fast she tripped, her knees hit the ground. "Are you okay?" Conner asked turning immediately to help her. "I'm fine, just a bruise." She said wiping the dirt from her jeans, but it wasn't until she leaned on the tree with an un-gloved hand that she realized she wasn't wearing them. "Oh shoot my gloves," She said taking off her backpack and digging through it. "We better hurry or we'll be late," Meg said stopping not far away. "Here they are." Lilith said, cleaning of her hands the best she could before shoving them into her gloves. "Coming," Conner said as he moved to follow Meg. Lilith paused for only a second looking around.

It was like there was a wave after wave of power coming at her from all round. Through the ground and air; from the trees, flowers, bushes, and it wasn't just the ones right around her. She could almost swear that she was feeling the life force of the all plants on the entire Island. It had come on so suddenly that it had knocked her over, and it scared her more than anything she had faced before.