Chapter 20- Riddikulus

This class is Riddikulus.

--------------------------------------------------—————

Soon after class had been dismissed after Malfoys little stunt there wasn't really much else that we could do so people either headed to the library to study or headed back to the dorms to chill, I opted for the dorm option as I had a free lesson/study session next before lunch. I also needed to find a way to getaway from the others so I could go and see if Malfoy is alright, would he even still be in the hospital by next lesson. I freshened up, grabbed the books I needed to study with and headed towards the other side of Hogwarts where the hospital wing where hopefully Draco is alone. I knew I needed to be in and out quickly to risk not being seen or to avoid questions. When I arrvied in the wing I noticed no one was around him which I thanked god for, I walked over to his bed slowly noticing the bandages and sling on his arm. He was facing away from me so he didn't notice my presence until I reached his bed and placed my hand on his arm,he jumped round, but soon settled down when he realised it was me stood next to him."Lindsey, you scared me, I wasn't expecting to see you here, why are you here exactly?", I replied sitting down on the space on the bed next to him" as much as I think you kind off deserved what you got because lets be honest, you did provoke the poor creature, but I was still worried about you and wanted to check you was ok?" He scoulded me but then nudged my leg with his good arm. "watch it you, that stupid bird shouldn't off been allowed near students in the first place, but thank you for checking on me, a few scratches but i'll live" I shook my head at his comment but chose to ignore it. "look I better get off, I have a study session and don't want to raise suspicion from the others." I stood up from the bed, grabbed my bags and headed towards the door, I was stopped in my tracks by the muttered words of Malfoy " your something else Udall". I chuckled to myself knowing that he wasn't wrong.

The free lesson/study session went by as expected, so did lunch, except Malfoy playing his injuries up to everyone, I rolled my eyes. I found myself in DADA with professor Lupin with todays lesson being about Boggarts. We stood infront of this old looking black wardrobe when it started to move, Professor Lupin spoke up " can anyone tell me what a boggart looks like?" Hermione who appeared out of now where spoke up "no one knows,boggarts are shapeshifters they take the form of the thing you fear the most." Professor Lupin continues to "luckily a very simple charm exists to repel a Boggart,let's practice it now without wands please, after me now please, Ridikkulus" we all reapeated it after him until he was happy with they way we was saying it. He had asked Neville to go to the front to show the class exactly how the charm worked, His boggart appeared as Professor Snape who wouldn't be scared of him,Neville cast the charm and there stood Professor Snape in the clothes of his grandma. The class erupted with laughter, we was told to line up behind one another. It was soon my turn when I stood up with my wand at the ready waiting for me boggarts to appear, I fear alot in my life but the thing I fear the most is my future self and how'll turn out like, so that is the form the boggart took, my older self. I had to think really hard on something funny to turn the boggart into but that was harder than I thought it would be, so I went back to the last time I laughed and Draco came to mind. I held my wand up towards the older version of myself , spoke Ridikkulus and the boggart turned into myself dressed up like Malfoy as if I was going to a Halloween party. The class erupted in laughter but I didn't find it funny at all and all I could feel was his eyes on the back of my head. I made my way to the back of the line embaressed becuase of what just happened, I had to also now walk past Malfoy himslef and no doubt he'll have something to say about this. My head was hung low in hope not look at him or anyone in the eyes and I did manage to get to the back without a word being said. Next up was Harry ,so when he stepped forwards the boggart changed into a dementor that was ready to attack bit before it could Professor Lupin jumped infront of Harry and changing it into a white ballon. The end of the class was called yet again today maybe one of the classes will be the whole thing today.

We had finished the lessons for the day, changed,had dinner and now on the way back to the common rooms to chill before bed. We was on the stairs waiting for them to turn in the right direction for our painting. Just as the strairs moved into line with the ones leading to the painting we all noticed there was a crowd around the door, "what happening?" Harry asked to which Ron replied with "Neville's probably fogotten the password again" Neville responds sounding kind of hurt. Head boy Percy was pushing his way through the crowd aiming to get to the front to find out what had happened, when we got a closer look we noticed that where the fat lady once stood was now just a ripped painting. All houses had now started crowding round and trying to get a look but was soon sent back to their common rooms, we however couldn't get into ours because of all this. Soon Dumbledore joined us looking at the pianting, while Mr Filtch was looking round for the fat lady, where she was soon found, so naturally we all headed straight to the painting in which she was now in, much to Percy's dismay. The fat lady confirmed to the headmaster and to us that it was Sirius Black that had attacked her, the same guy that is after Harry the reason why there or Dementors at every entrace of the school, clearly not doing a great job are they. The whole school was put into a lock down, all doors and windows sealed shut and all light turned out.

It is now the next day and back to a full day of lessons before the final quidditch practice before tomorrows game. We was in DADA waiting for Professor Lupin to turn up so we was all naturally shock when Professor Snape walked in making the class darker in the process.He reached the front of the class brought down a projector, turned the class and said "turn to page 394", we all flip to that page and realised it was about werewolfs. Hermione turned to Professor ho was now at the back of the class questioning "but sir we only just started learning about red caps and pinkyhubs". Professor Snape continied ignoring her comment, "now can anyone tell me the difference between a werewolfs and animagus?" I place my hand high in thr air hoping that I get picked for this, Snape points to me and I continue "An animagus is a witch or wizard who decides to tranform into an animal whereas a werewolf doesn't have a choice, with each full moon he no longer remebers who he is, he can kill his own best friends, furthermore a werewolf only responds to the call of his own kind" to which Malfoy howls like a wolf. He set us homework where he wants two rolls of parchment on is desk by monday about the werewolfs.I guess I would have to make a start on that today before and after Qudditch practice tonight and same with the game. The first game of the year is always against Syltherin but when we arrived dressed and ready for training we was informed that due to Malfoys slight injury we would no longer be facing Syltherin but we would be agaisnt Hufflepuff. So naturally this meant that we would have to change out playing tactics slightly, so we was better suited for the Hufflepuff tactics. We also had to take into count that there was meant to be high winds and heavy rain for tomorrow's game and nothing stops quidditch. We trained for hours before retreating back to our commons rooms cold and exhausted,when I changed as soon as I arrived in my shared room and sat down on my bed talking to Regan and Hermione. " since Malfoy is injured we are facing Hufflepuff tomorrow now so we've had to change our tactics and all the plays round to go with Hufflepuff tactics, Hufflepuff's captain has apparently changed his tactics this year too so we had to learn complete new ones." Regan suddenly shot up and said "wait isn't the captain of Hufflepuff that Cedric boy you meet last year in the Library after I was petrified?" I sat an thought about it for a seconds before saying back to her "I think he is, well last year he was anyway" they both nodded along. I looked down at my hands fiddling with them and trying not to explode because of what I found out the other day, Hermione noticed that I looked annoyed "isn't this a good thing Linds at least now you'll get to see him again and maybe find out why you didn't see him last year." I nodded and tried not to show my anger, I clenched my fists boy was I going to blow up at him tomorrow, but for now I think it's best to get some sleep to rest my mind and body before tomorrow.

---------------------------------------------------————-

Another chapter done.

Next one coming soon