Chapter 38- In Mourning

Interesting Chapter ahead for you all

-------------------------------------------------------------

I struggled to open my eyes but when I did I was surrounded by bright lights and soft talking. Once I had fully opened my eyes I come to realise that I was in the Hospital wing, I slowly sat up and looked around slightly confused on how I ended up here, it was only when I saw Regan walk in and up to the bed I was sitting on that everything came back to me. Cedric was dead, my first love was gone, I'll never get to grow old with him or have a family with him, he was taken from me way too early. I felt numb and my heart was broken but I couldn't cry or didn't feel like I could cry, I felt nothing. This feeling continued on for a few days, I couldn't even bring myself to talk, eat or sleep , all I could do was sit there and look around the room. Regan would visit me each day and sit with me for a few hours telling me things that happened that day, I could tell she was worried about me but I couldn't get any words out because I was scared that if I did talk it would open up too many emotions and I wouldn't be able to stop.I felt guilty that I wasn't talking to anyone or not eating or sleeping but I just couldn't move or doing anything I was too numb and I guess this was my way of coping and Mouring. After a few days of Regan visiting me after school hours bit having to leave because of curfew, I was left to my own thoughts in the evening when I wasn't getting checked up on and all the thoughts seemed to be was of Cedric and images of him lying still on the floor, you'd think this would help me cry but no I wanted to cry and rather needed to cry but there was nothing there and I don't think there will be for a while yet. My evenings soon became filled when I started to get visits for Draco after hours when he would sneak into the hospital wing, at first it was to make sure I was fine as he heard about my situation, then it turned into him getting annoyed with me for not eating or sleeping, he would never stay for too long because of the nurses rounds but he would take away some of the pain and numbness but that would soon return when he was gone.

Regans PoV

It wasn't a very nice day today. The clouds dark grey and the rain hammering down to the ground. It was a lot quieter in the castle. Less people hanging around laughing and joking. What happened to Cedric effected everyone at Hogwarts in some way. It was hard coping with losing a friends but I can't imagine the pain Lindsey and Taehyung are feeling right now.

Yesterday Taehyung had collected a few of Cedric's belongings for me to give to Lindsey. When he gave them to me I could see that he hadn't slept and his eyes were impossibly red. Before I could say a word he ran off leaving me with Cedric's things. I haven't seen him since then. I put some of the smaller items in Lindsey's Trunk. A small note book and hair brush being some of the items.

As I headed to the Hospital ward to see Lindsey I held Cedric's quidditch jumper in my arms. Maybe having this will help her. I've been so worried about her. From the second she fainted she hasn't said a word. I guess she must feel numb to everything now. Still you have to grieve when you lose someone, especially losing someone like him. Her first love. My heart ached for her.

I sat down in the chair next to her hospital bed saying hello but she didn't answer.
"Taehyung gave me a few of Cedric's things. I put the smaller items in your trunk but I though you should have this now." I held out Cedric's jumper to her. Her face was unreadable as she took it. Running her fingers over his name written on the back before she held it close to her. We sat a few moments in silence. I guess it hasn't helped as much as I hoped. I then did what I usually did when I came to see her. Let her know how the others are and that they wish her well and a few other trivial things going on in class. I also told her that Taehyung was a mess and that I had tried to find him but failed. It was horrible. I just want everything to be okay but I know things have changed. There is nothing I can do or say to make her feel better. But I will be here for her when she is ready. For now I can only wait.