Year 7 part 1- Chapter 63- It's Initiation Time

I feel sick. My father sent out word to Voldemort that I had willingly agreed to join him. My father didn't look happy like I thought he would in this moment. As we stood outside and watched our owl fly into the dark sky I thought he would congratulate me and say how proud he was but no. He was still, his eyes unable to move from the owl.
"Father?" I called to him but no answer. His hands were shaking and his eyes watered. He turned to face me and I could see he was scared. "Father? What is it?" I asked. My heart now beating faster as my father is usually so composed.

"I'm sorry..." he spoke softly. My eyes were wide, he's never said that to me. He was Always stern, unapologetic and brutal when he spoke to me. It felt like the earth had disappeared from under me.
"W-what is it?" My own voice was now shaking.
"I'm sorry that I have made this your fate. If I wasn't so argent and foolish I could of speared you and your mother. But I have done all I can to prepare you for this life. I know I've not been a father to you and I'm sorry." I couldn't hold my tears as I rushed forward and hugged my father for the first time since I was a child. He held me tight trying not to break down himself. "I will do what I can for you Taehyung. Be strong like I know you are." He May of not been a father before this moment but with those few short words he was the father I always needed.

I managed to compose myself and stepped back from him. I bowed respectful to him, silently thanking him. He bowed to me and headed back inside. I looked up to the sky where the owl had disappeared out of sight. I know I can do this.

The next evening my father and I traveled to Borgins and Burke's where the ceremony would be taking place. I had been told that it is the same place where Draco had his initiation. Before we walked in I could see my fathers hands shaking , I put my hand on his shoulder and gave him a reassuring nod that I was okay and ready. When we walked in Bellatrix was already working on the potion. Draco was there with his father and he gave me a subtle nod. There was two other Death Eaters there I didn't recognise but I'm sure I'd know their names from fathers stories.

My father greeted the others then Bellatrix. She looked me up and down disapprovingly "is he a traitor like you Han-Sung?" She was a venomous women. Bellatrix was there the day my father tried to betray Voldemort. She always wanted him dead. I wasn't intimidated by her as she had nothing to threaten me with. However my turbulent relationship with my family was well know so understand her mistrust.
"No he's loyal to the Dark Lord. That's why we are here right? Please welcome him like you did Draco." She was about to snap back but Draco spoke up
"He can be trusted. I've seen Taehyung around school and we are alike in a lot of ways." To everyone else in the room it seemed as though Draco was building a reliable character for me, but the truth was we are alike because neither of us want to be here. We want peaceful happy lives with the girls we love.
"Thank you Draco." Bellatrix's eye twitched at Dracos interruption "lets begin."

I stood in the centre of the room. Cauldron filled with bright green potion swirled in front of me. My father and the other Death Eaters circled around me chanting. I had heard these words before many times as my father drilled them into my head so this moment would be perfect. I rolled up my sleeve and extended my arm over the cauldron. I took a shaky breath before the cauldron exploded with light. The agonising burning on my forearm felt like someone was pouring acid on my skin. Everyone dispersed away from the cauldron while the Dark mark etched its way on my skin. The light from the cauldron dissipated and I could see the mark clearly. I held it up closer to get a better look. It moved rhythmically before settling. I looked up and they came forward congratulating me.

My father and Draco seemed unsettled but congratulated me with the others. Bellatrix pulled me into a hug, she grabbed my tender forearm and whispered in my ear "just because you have this doesn't mean I'll stop watching your every move." She threatened but I was unaffected by her words.

One by one the Death Eaters left with a burst of thick black smoke. Mine and Draco's fathers where still talking so I headed outside to wait. I need some air but before I could get to the bottom of the stair case Draco called out to me. I stopped and waited for him to catch up "that went well." I could tell from his voice that he didn't quiet know what to say.
"It did but I don't think our arrangement will run as smoothly as I thought. Your Aunt is untrusting of me. I'll have to rely on you more that I want to." I said honesty. Although we had our arguments to help each other I still don't know much about him to know I'm safe.
"I'll speak to my father and see if we can be partners. That way If we become close it won't seem out of place." I nodded and carried on my journey outside Borgins and Burke's. He didn't follow me outside.

I rested up against the brick wall and looked up at the moon. The burn from my arm was strong but tolerable. A reminder of what had just happened. I pledged my loyalty to the Dark Lord, do his bidding, torture and kill for him. I felt disgusting like I had betrayed myself. However I have to remember what Regan said to me. play along , fool Voldemort and when this is over we can be together. God I wish I could hold her now.

My father lead us home. My mother was quiet and just hugged me. None of us said anything. The house was silent. I went up to my room and opened my bedside drawer. I looked at the blank parchment and started writing.

Regans PoV

I was anxiously pacing around my room. My parents had gone out for a late night drive so I was home alone. I couldn't settle, my heart was aching. The parchment was still blank. Every time I looked at it I got more disheartened. If something went wrong or if he said the wrong thing or if they didn't trust him he's dead. Taehyung refused to tell me what would happens during the ceremony which only made my imagination run wild . I felt sick when I saw ink appear on the parchment. Leaning over my desk to read it :
'It's Done'
I burst into tear and fell to the floor. I was relieved that he was alive but this was the being of a nightmare for him and I don't know if it will ever end

------------------------------------------------
Thank you to ReegsN1234 for this chapter and the header.

This is the end of another Year only one technically two films left. These will be the longest chapters yet I think.