Chapter 42- I'm not telling lies

Will Lindsey and Professor Umbridge clash. How will Draco and Lindsey's relationship advance?

-------------------------------------------------------------

The next day we found ourselves in DADA meaning that we would be having our first class with Professor Umbridge, this is going to be interesting and probably not ending well. She walked straight in and mentioned the OWLS which are the end of term exams and they were very important. She then proceeded to hand out books that we would be reading from, we found out that we would not be doing any actually spell more so just learning about them, before I could even mention anything Hermione had already questioned Professor Umbridge to which she replied that she doesn't see the need in why we would need to use spells in her classroom, if we can't use spells how are we meant to learn. She turned her back for a slight moment and I saw my chance to give her the middle finger, I wasn't about to get a detention this early on in the school year, Regan quickly grabbed my hand before anyone else could see what I was doing. Harry mentioned how we need to know how to protect ourselves if we are ever attacked to which she simply replied with "who would want to attack children like yourself". "oh, I don't know Lord Voldemort" Harry responded to which made the whole classroom go rather silent. Professor Umbridge went on to claim that the return of the dark lord is all lies, Harry of course protested this and received a detention on the spot, "so according to you Cedric Diggory dropped dead of his own accord". My heart stopped and I was trying hard not to cry at the mention of his name. All she could say in response was "Cedric Diggory was a tragic accident" I shot up before anyone else could say anything " I'm getting rather sick and tired with everyone claiming that what happened to Cedric was a tragic accident. He was murdered and the person who murdered him was Lord Voldemort, people need to start taking his return seriously because he isn't going away and he will be back to attack us all, so if you don't mind, PLEASE STOP MENTIONING CEDRICS NAME. None of you have the right to do so if you all believe he wasn't murdered" I sat back down, composed myself and looked back up at the Pink Bitch standing before me "you may continue" and gave her a small smirk. "detention Miss Udall" I just shrugged my shoulders and sat there until the end of class.

>>>>>>>>TIME SKIP>>>>>>>>>

It was as soon after our last class as you can make it when Professor Umbridge decided we would have our detention. Harry and I walked into her office and it were a god-awful pink colour and there were cats everywhere and I mean everywhere. We were told that we would be writing lines but had to use her special quill. We were informed that we would be writing –I MUST NOT TELL LIES-. I guess we better get started then, we got to writing and immediately there was a burning pain in my left hand but I ignored it and continued with the lines. I looked down at my hand moments later to see that the word had now been etched into the skin on my hand causing an extreme burning sensation. I walked out of that office in pain and with an even more of a dislike for that so called teacher. I was walking down the hall on my way to the great hall to have dinner, trying so hard to hide my hand away from everyone I walked by that I wasn't actually looking where I was walking and walked straight into someone knocking me straight over. I looked up to see that it was Draco who I had actually bumped into, he smiled down at me, put his hand out for me to grab and without thinking I gave him my left hand and winced when he pulled me up. I was hoping that he hadn't noticed but of course he did, "baby what wrong, have you hurt your wrist?" I shook my head "I'm fine honestly" he looked at me like he didn't believe me, I sighed "I hate that you know me so well, I had detention with Professor Umbridge and let's just say her punishment practices are medieval" I rolled up my sleeve and showed him my hand. He grabbed it gently and studied it, he looked up at me with a sad look on his face, looking round before pulling me into a hug. "baby you need to report this, this is abuse" I shook my head "no one will believe me, I'll only end up getting it worse next time, please leave it BonBon, I'm fine". I kissed him before pulling away only for him to pull me back in and kiss me harder. We needed to stop otherwise we will get caught and right now I like being a dirty little secret. I pulled away "Draco, we can't be seen, we need to be careful, we need to find somewhere no one will catch us if we want to continue what we were doing over the summer" he nodded his head in agreement before letting me go. I said goodbye and started to make my way to the hall for dinner when Draco smacked my arse causing me to look around and give him a death glare. I shook my head laughing to myself as I walked away, that boy is all kinds of different. Dinner was pretty uneventful other than the constant need to hide my left hand from the others trying to avoid questions. I walked back to the common rooms with the others before placing ourselves Infront of the fire, Regan and I sitting on the floor watching Harry flip through a book, I was looking down at my fingers when Hermione said "what's wrong with your hand?" I looked up at them, scared of course because I don't want them finding out about our hands. He tried to play it off but Hermione was smarted and reached for his left hand, I subconsciously grabbed mine too, "you have to tell Dumbledore about this, this is torture" I said in response to Hermione "we can't, he has enough on his plate right now" Regan turned her head to look at me and before she could say anything I showed her my hand, "you too, we defiantly need to tell someone now, this isn't right" I shook my head at her. "please guys drop this and let us deal with this ourselves". We went to bed that night and I could tell the others still felt bad for us but decided to leave it for my sake.