Chapter 78- IT'S OVER.....

Lindsey's POV

As we made our way outside we could see a long line of black, there aren't many people I know who would wear so much black other than his followers. As the crowd grew closer to us we could see him walking slowly and Nagini by his side. They came to a stop and just behind him I could see Hagrid holding a limp body in what I recognised as to be what Harry was last in, I could tell he was gone. Then the words seeped from his mouth that confirmed what I feared, I grabbed Regan's hand as she grabbed mine, screams for Ginny could be heard from far. I didn't want to move too far forward as I didn't want to be near the fire zone if anything was to break out. Voldermort continued speaking "Harry Potter...is dead! From this day forth you'll put your faith in me.Harry Potter is dead!

And now it's the time to declare yourself. Come forward and join us or die!" I hadn't realised Draco was beside me until his name was being called, he grabbed my hand out of pure fear, I looked up at him to see a look i've never seen before. His name was being called over and over even though his parents were calling him. I deep down wanted him to stay with me and be on the right side for once and make his own mind up but I knew how important family was to him so I wouldn't have blamed him if he chose them. There was a pause of what felt like forever until Draco spoke up "No" I looked at him shocked but it melted my heart. "come on Boy, don't be stupid, come here" Lucius said. I was at this point expecting Draco to join them but he didn't. Instead he said "No, I'm not leaving my girlfriend and the mother of my child" I squeezed his hand as I felt so many faces looking at us. Once everyone realised he was serius there focus was back on Voldermort, "My Lord, it is no use, it's clear we have lost him, he no longer means anything to us, He is no longer my son" Lucius cowers down to Voldermort. I stood and watched in disbelief as to what just came from his mouth but soon my attention was on Neville as he took a few small steps forward and said "I'd like to say something. Doesn't matter that Harry's gone. People die everyday, friends..family. Yeah, we lost Harry tonight. But he's still with us...in here all of them. They didn't die in vain! But you will! Cause you're wrong! Harry's heart did beat for us! For all of us! It's not over!" Once Neville had stopped speaking he reached into the sorting hat that he was holding and pulled out the Sword of Gryffindor. It was as if it was some que, Harry rolled out of Hagrid's arms causing all the death eaters to gasp whereas we all cheered and sighed a breath of relief. Harry sent a spell toward Nagini before running off, soon followed by spells and explosions from Voldermort. I looked over towards the crowd and could see vast amounts of black smoke, indicating they were running like cowards. The students and teachers of Hogwarts retreated to the castle and prepared for another Battle, Those of his followers that stuck around followed behind him as they made their way towards the castle doors. Voldermort and Nagini soon apparate out of sight. Harry and Voldermort disappeared away from us, Ron and Hermione had gone off to kill the snake and who knows where Regan and Tae had gone, this obviously left just Draco and I.

I looked up at Draco who was still holding firmly onto my hand, I could see that he was hiding many emotions. I pulled at his hand indicating for him to follow me. I walked us away to an extremely quiet place away from all the fighting. "Bon Bon, are you ok, I know that what your father said wasn't exactly how you'd hoped things would've gone. Are you sure this is what you want, are you sure this is the life you want, are you sure that is how you wanted to tell them or everyone for that matter. It isn't too late to change your mind, you can still choose them if you want, I know how important family is" he didn't say anything, it was quiet for a few moments before Draco leaned forward pulling me into and hug, once in the hug I could feel his shoulder shaking as if he was crying. I pulled him in closer and held him tight while rubbing his back allowing him to let it all out.

We stayed this way for a while until I had noticed it was now light outside and there was no commotion going on. I pulled away from Draco "hey, I think it is over, listen there is no panic, no noise, do you think we won?" I questioned, he shrugged "I don't know, should we go find out" We took a hold of each other's hands as we walked back towards the Great Hall, as we got closer we could see students and teachers sitting down, getting checked over and having some tea. I spotted Regan,Tae, Ron and Hermione with the Wealsey family towards the back, slowly walking over to them and gaining the attention of Regan who just gave me a smile before walking towards me engulfing me in a hug. We realised from the hug and walked back over to the other where I was greeted with another hug from Fred "Thank you Lindsey, I was told that if it wasn't for you and that potions bag of yours, I would be dead, I owe you my life, Thank you" I told him it wasn't a bother and i'd do it again.

Harry,Ron,Hermione,Regan,Tae, Draco and I all made our way outside and down the bridge. Harry steps up onto one of the sides of the bridge, and examines the Elder Wand.Hermione says "Why didn't it work for him, the Elder Wand?" Harry looking our way said back "It answered to somebody else. When he killed Snape, he thought the wand would become his. But, the thing is, the wand never belonged to Snape. It was Draco who disarmed Dumbledore that night on the Astronomy Tower. From that moment on, the wand answered to him, until... the other night, when I disarmed Draco, at Malfoy Manor" Ron said out loud "So that means" all of us looking at Ron, "It's mine." Harry said back.

Ron asked back "What should we do with it?" Which of course made Hermione,Regan and I say "We" at the same time. Ron simply responded with "I'm just saying, that's the Elder Wand, the most powerful wand in the world. With that, we'd be invincible" Harry grips the Elder Wand with both his hands. Ron and Hermione glance at each other as I look at Regan, then back at Harry as he snaps the Elder Wand in two, then throws the pieces into the ravine. After a few seconds, Harry steps down onto the bridge and walks away as we watch him. Harry glances down the bridge, then cranes his neck back at us . Hermione walks up to him with a smile, then takes his hand; Ron steps up as well and takes Hermione's hand, as I take Harry's other hand and Regan takes mine. The five of us gaze into the distance, wondering what the future will have in store.

We stayed like this for a few moments before Harry let go of our hands and turned around looking at Draco and Tae before saying " So I guess you were on our side this whole time after all" I look at Regan and smile.

THE END....... FOR NOW