Chapter 56- Exciting Times

Today is one of those days where there isn’t classes or homework due so the others and I decided to take a walk into Hogsmeade where we would be grabbing a drink from the Three Broomsticks. It was quite a nice walk as it had snowed recently so the ground is white and its pretty. It was also nice the five of us walking and talking and actually being together because honestly, it’s a rare moment even though we are friends and share a common room with each other. When we walked in it was rather busy and there weren’t many tables left but we managed to find one for the five of us to fit round, I was sitting next to Regan. As I was taking off my coat, I noticed that Draco was walking out of the toilets, heading to the door, when his eyes locked with mine, he stopped for a brief moment before continuing towards the door and outside. Hermione had ordered us five butterbeers, which is one of the nicest drinks in the wizarding world. We were getting comfortable when Ron looked over into a corner and spotted his Sister Ginny with Dean, he was a nice kid. What started as just holding hands soon turned into kissing, I didn’t think there was much wrong because I do a lot worse with Draco and had done with Cedric but Ron being his weird antisocial awkward self, requested if we could leave. Hermione shot him down but it didn’t last long when Professor Slughorn came over to the table after Harry had caught his attention. I didn’t pay attention but I think he invited Harry and Hermione to some sort of dinner party. He finally walked away and Harry sat down, “what are you playing at?” Ron asked him, “Dumbledore has asked me to get to know him?” Harry responded “get to know him? I replied in a questioning voice “yeah, it must be important other he wouldn’t off asked”. We finished our drinks while chatting away when we realised it as getting on and we should head back to the castle. We were walking back and it had started snowing again, there was hardly anyone around only two fellow students in front of us, think their names are Katie and Leanne but not sure. Hermione was slightly drunk on the butterbeer and seemed to be loving life hugging the two boys either side of her when we heard a god-awful scream and the faint words of “I warned her”. We walked closer to see Katie lying on the floor with a box next to her. As we walked even closer, she started moving around my herself before flying up into the sky and shooting back down again. We had no idea what we were supposed to do until Hagrid showed up telling us not to go near her as he walked up to her gently picking her up. Harry walked over to the box that was on the floor and was about to pick it up when Hagrid warned him to only touch the packaging. Where did she get this from, was it cursed, who was it for? Only a few of the questions in my mind. We collected up the necklace and took it straight to Professor McGonagall for her to inspect. “You sure Katie didn’t have this in her possession when she entered the Three Broomsticks?” she asked Leanne, “like I said she left to go to the loo, when she came back, she had the package, she said it was very important that she delivers it.” Professor McGonagall asked who it was meant for and it was for Professor Dumbledore. Leanne was dismissed. That was when Professor turned to us and said “why is it that when something happens, it is always you five”. Professor Snape came in and inspected the necklace and he informed us that Katie was lucky to be alive and that she was cursed. The next words out of Harrys mouth shook me “it was Malfoy” how dare he accuse him; I was about to say something when Regan placed her hand on my arm stopping me for doing something stupid. I was fuming. Lucky enough we were sent back to our dorm rooms for the evening. I can’t believe it. 

In the events of knowing that Hermione and Harry will be attending Professor Slughorns dinner party tonight, I knew that I could see Draco without being questioned on where I was going and having to come up with a lie so I sent him an owl this morning asking to meet at our normal spot. I didn’t receive a response until late afternoon but it wasn’t the response I was looking for. Draco was busy and couldn’t take the time out to see me, normally Draco jumps at the chance to see me and spend time with me but I guess maybe not today. Ever since I overheard the conversation between him and his mum that time, things haven’t been that same with him. Whatever it was that was set in place to happen before school started again is obviously getting to Draco and distracting him. I hope everything is ok. Seen as though I now have no other plans this evening spending some time with Regan doesn’t sound too bad. I mean I can’t imagine there is much to catch up on as there hasn’t really been much happening recently.