Year 2-Chapter 8- Diagon Alley and a Book signing

Welcome back to year 2 of my story. Hope you liked year 1 there is going to be a lot more from now on as there is more that goes on in these films

-------------------------------------------------------------

The time had come where we was finally getting ready to head back to Hogwarts for year 2, I had recieved my list of items I'll need for this years lesson, in addition to everything we needed in year 1 we now need:

Second year students will require:

: The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 2 by Miranda Goshawk
Break with a Banshee by Gilderoy Lockhart
Gadding with Ghouls by Gilderoy Lockhart
Holidays with Hags by Gilderoy Lockhart
Travels with Trolls by Gilderoy Lockhart
Voyages with Vampires by Gilderoy Lockhart
Wanderings with Werewolves by Gilderoy Lockhart
Year with the Yeti by Gilderoy Lockhart

Was a lot of books by this Gilderoy Lockhart, good thing is that the day Regan and I had planned to meet the other in Diagon Alley, Lockhart was having a book signing session for his latest book, so no doubt his other books will be sold at the same time. Over the break Hermione, Ron,Harry, Regan and I all kept in contact with each other as much as we could especially with Harry aunt and uncle not alllowing him to communicate with us. Sounds like everyone had a great holiday period, mine was quite uneventful to be honest, the time went by so fast which is good. The last letter that I received was from Ron where he explained to me how he "saved" Harry from his nightmare guardians and took his dads flying- yes I said flying- car to do this rescue meaning that Harry was staying at he burrow with The Weasleys, which also means he would be at Diagon alley with them. I'm really excited to see all my friends again.

My Family and Regans are going to Diagon Alley together as we don't live far from each other in the muggle world so would make sense to right. We knew we would have to get down there early especcially today with the signing and the only things that we really needed are the books from the bookstore the signing was. We arrived and went round shopping for a few other things like more notebooks, quills, ink, another spare couldron just incase. It was time to head to Flourish and Blotts to end the shopping day, on the way we passed the quiddich store and notiched the newest Nimbus 2001 sitting in the window display, it is my dream to one day ride a nimbus but they are so expensive. My dad had noticed I stopped and walked back to me "everything alright puds?" he aksed me, "yeah dad I'm all good just window shopping," we continued onwards. Regan and I walked in and immediatly spotted Hermione, we ran straight over to her and drowned her in a massive hug. She was of course already holding all the books, with a few extra, she needs for the term. I walked around the store looking for the exact books I need, I was currently looking for a nice fresh copy of Gadding with Ghouls which is the only book I need, I must be blind because I can't actually see it anywhere. I was standing there looking round when someone tapped me on the shoulder "oh thank god Regan, I can't find Gadding with Ghouls anywhere can you help me please?" I didn't hear a response so turned around to find Draco and not Regan, "Malfoy, I'm sorry I thought you was Regan?" I laughed nervously. "it's ok Udall, I really only come over to see if you was ok and had a nice break, but i'll defiantly help you find the book you need" he said back to me. I stared at him in shock but responded with "no, no, it's ok, I'm sure I'll find it somewhere round here right, But thank you and yes, I'm doing ok and had a nice break thanks for asking" He raised his eyebrows at me and narrowed his eyes, " please I insist, two sets of eyes are better right?" I simply nodded signifying that I would like his help,we was mid way through searching and chatting away when a tall blonde haired man inturupted us and rudely pulled Draco away, He simply gave me a look to say he is Sorry. I finally found the book I was looking for and made my way back to Hermione who was now joined by the Weasley and a very dirty looking Harry, I went up and hugged him and the Weasleys who are such nice people, it was now time for the signing to start and Gildory Lockhart to make his presense known to us, I'll make sure to ask Harry why he is so dirty later on now it time for what I guess we are all here for. He was intoduced and the bookstore starts clapping, Ron says to us all " Mum Fancies him" to which she turns around and smacks him. A guy from the daily Prophet pushes past us and snaps a picture of him, he looks around and his eyes stop dead on Harry, I see him mouth saying it can't be Harry Potter. Everyone looks around towardds Harry when suddenly he is grabbed by the photographer and pulled tp where Gildory was for a photo. the camera flashes, "ladies and gentlemen what an exdrodinary moment this is, When young Harry stepped into Florish and Blotts this morning to purchase my autobiography, he would have no idea that he would be leaving with my entire work free of charge, now ladies" Harry came back to us with the books and Mrs Weasley took them all and told us to wait outside the store. We was walking to the front door talking catching up and minding our own buisnesses when Malfoy shouts from the stairs, " bet you loved that didn't you Pottah, famous Harry Potter, can't even go to a book shop without making front page", I completely lost my rag at the point and went to launch myself at him when Ginny jumped in and said "leave him alone" lauging Malfoy replied " awwwh Potter got yourself a girlfriend", he was cut short when a snake head cane of his dad placed on his shoulder. " Now, Now draco play nicely, Mr Potter, Lucius Malfoy, we meet at last, forgive me, your scar is legend, as is the the wizard who gave it to you", "voldermort killed my parents he was nothing more than a murderer" Harry retorted back to only have Lucius respond with " you must be very brave to mention his name or very foolish". Fear of the name only increases the fear of the thing itself" Hermione interups " you must be Miss Granger, yes Dracos told me all about you and your parents, muggles aren't they" I can certainly see where Malfoy get it from, Lucius soon turns his attention towards the Weasleys " let me see, red hair, vacant expressions and tatty second hand book, you must be the Weasleys". Mr Weasleys saves us from him and this place. They have a discussion but I'm too busy glaring at the bully to notice what he says until he calls Mr weasleys a disgrace to the wizarding Community, I have to say something, before anyone could stop me I open my big mouth and say " who do you think you are, how dare you judge someone solely on what their blood status is, I've said this to your precious son and i'll be happy to say it to you, It doesn't matter what blood status you have everyone has the right to be apart of the wizarding community especially if they have let you be apart of it." I don't regret standing up to my bullies, no one should ever be scared or be made too feel like a disgrace. Lucius turns to me " you must be a Udall with a mouth and bravery like that, Daughter of David Udall Hufflepuff quiddich captain the same time I was Slytherin Captain. You defiantly take after him, he must be so proud." how dare he mention my dad "yeah he is, see I was brought up to respect people not bully them" I couldn't stand to be near him anymore so I push past him and out the shop. I stand just outside the entrance of the store trying to hold my tears in when I am joined by Regan and Hermione who hug me,knowing that exactly what I need right now. I am soon joined by the Weasley children who all give me a massive group hug followed by a cheer of thank you's for sticking up for thier dad and thier name.

>>>>>>TIME SKIP >>>>>

Regan and I had just said goodbye to our parents at Kings Cross Station, we was now with the Wealseys waiting for our turn to run at the wall, We was running slightly late so we had to rush otherwise we would be stuck this side of the wall and not where we needed to be, I take a big run at the wall and arrive at the platform with just enought time to load my luggage on the train and to find Hermione on the train. We was sitting there waiting for Harry and Ron to join us but the train has already started moving before they joined us, oh no maybe they didn't get throught the wall inside, how would they get to Hogwarts now, I'm sure they'll find another way. 7 long hours later and plenty of getting to know Ginny who was in her first year and will be gettign sorted into her house this year. I found myself at times thinking about what happened with me and Malfoy at the book store a few days ago, he can be so confusing sometimes. We had chnaged into out robes and arrived a Hogwarts ready for the sorting ceromony and the first feast of the year. I have no doubt that Ginny will be sorted into Gryffindor because the whole Weasley family has been in the house. We gather in the Great hall on our respected tables waiting for the nervous first year to enter which wasn't much after we had settled down after reuniting and catching up with our year and house mates. It was time for the firtst years to step up and get sorted into the house and the family that they will be apart of for the next 7 years. Ron and Harry had finally decided to join us a the table looking flustered I wonder what happened to them. I won't bore you with all the details from the sorting ceremony but I will tell you that Ginny was sorted into Gryffindor just like her Brothers and I was beyond happy to have a someone I can mentor in the year below me and be the big sister shes never had along with Hermione and Regan of course. I could just tell this year was going to be a good one and hopefully nothing like the first one. I was really looking forward to having a few more lessons and more Quiddich games this year maybe even establish what is going on with Draco, but won't hold my breath on that one, he changes he mind so often I never know what mood he will be in.

-------------------------------------------------------------

So first chapter to the second year. Enjoy

Lindsey