Chapter 7- End of Year 1

So this is the last chapter of Year 1! I'm excited to continue throughout the years

———————————————————————————

I woke up to a bright light surrounding me and the springs of the mattress digging in my back. I somehow don't think I was in my bed in my dorms, I must be in the hospital. I hope Harry, Ron, Hermione and Regan are all ok. I wonder who found us in the end also wonder what happened to the stone. I slowly sit up looking around at all the gifts and cards that I have been given, I look over to Harrys bed wondering if he is awake too but he was still asleep. I wonder how long I have been out for and what school work that I have missed. Not long after Harry started waking up and also looking around confused.He slowly sat up noticing the gifts that he had been left too looking shocked, we both looked over at the door to see Professor Dumbledore walking into the hospital wing. " Good afternoon Harry and Lindsey, ah tokens from your admiriers." he spoke in his dull voice. Me and Harry looked at each other confused and asked at the same time "admiriers??" "what happnened down in the dungeons between you two and Quirrell is a total secret so naturally everyone knows" he lets out a small laugh. We both laugh along with him, " ah I see Ronal has saved you the trouble of opening your chocolate frogs." He said "wait Ron was here is he alright, what about Hermione?" he asks " and Regan are they all ok?" I added, "yes my dear ones they are ok all of them" Harry then asks "what about the stone?" Dumbledore cuts him off "don't worry the stone has been destroyed, I had a word with Nicholas and we both agreed it whats best." Harry guestioned " but Flammel, he'll die won't he?", Dumbledore response was " He has enough to set his afairs in order, but yes he'll die." " how did I get the stone sir, one minute I was staring in the mirror" Harry asked "ahh you see only the person wanted to find the stone will find it but not use it will be able to get it, another great idea of mine" I finally asked "Sir, does that mean, with the stone gone, that Voldermort will be gone forever?" "ahh I'm afraid there are ways in which he will return". He went on about something to do with Lily's sacrafice is what killed Quirrell, He soon stood up and was about to walk out when he saw a box of berty botts every flavour beans " I was most unfortunate in my youth to come across a vomit flavour one, it is then I have afraid lost my liking for them, but I could be safe with a nice toffee, alas Earwax" with that being said he walked out the Room.

We was soon discharged, and reunited with our friends and I honestly couldn't of given Regan my best friend a bigger hug if I tried, I could tell she was really worried about me, I know my best friend. I had a lot of work to catch up on so for the last few weeks of school I spent it in the library doing the work I missed while I was in the hospital, I mean there wasn't that much of it. One day I was sitting there doing my potions work and I feel someone sit in the seat next to me. I look up to see that it is none other than Draco, I wonder why he is sat next to me let alone in the library. "can I help you Malfoy?" He replies with something that surprises me, " I wanted to make sure you was ok Lindsey, I heard about what happened but couldn't come see you in the hospital as all your friends were there all the time" I gave him a small smile and said "thank you Draco, that means alot, I'm actually ok now but again thanks for asking." With that it was like he went straight back to being cold with me as he got up and walked out leaving me there.

>>>>>TIME SKIP>>>>>>>>

The day had finally come to find out which house would be taking away the house cup this year, we was all seated on our tables surrounded by green as Syltherin was in the lead. Dumbledore taps his glass in aid to get the great halls attention "Another year has come to an end, and now as I understand it, the house cup needs awarding and the points stand as, in 4th place is Gryffindor with 312 points, 3rd place Hufflepuff with 352 points, 2nd place Ravenclaw with 426 points and in 1st with 472 points Slytherin House" the whole table erupts with joy. Dumbledore continues " yes, yes well done Slytherin, well done Slytherin, however recent events must be taken into account, I might have a few last minute points to award, to Miss Hermione Granger, for the cool use of intelect when other were in grave peril 50 points, second to Mr Ronald Weasley for the best played game of wizard chess that Hogwarts has seen these many years, 50 points, and third to Mr Harry Potter and Miss Lindsey Udall for pure nerve and outstanding courage, I award Gryffindor 60 points" we was now tied with Slytherin great. Dumbledor wasn't finished though " and finally it takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemy but a whole lot more to stand up to your friends, I award 10 points to Neville Longbottom, assuming that my calculations are correct, I believe a change of decoration is in order" he clapped his hand and the colours in the great hall changed to Gryffindor colours. "GRYFFINDOR win the house cup" Dumbledore Proudly yells across the great hall. We all jump up and cheer. We soon being enjoying the final feast of this year as we will be heding home tomorrow.

>>>>>>ANOTHER TIME SKIP>>>>>>>>>

It was time for us all to leave Hogwarts after a great first year here, well I mean most of it wasn't great, but you know its all fun and games in the end right. Everything was packed and ready for the journey to the Hogwarts Express, I was really looking forward to seeing my parents even though I'm going to be getting a bollacking from them about putting myself in danger this year but it was worth it.

The luggage was being loaded onto the train in readyness for the 7 hours journey we have home, Regan and I headed on the train to get an empty carraige for us all to sit in, about 5 minutes later we was joined by the others and we was soon on our way home for a few month before year 2.

"this year has certinly been one to rememeber, I wonder what year 2 has in mind for us, whatever it is, I can't wait to do it surrounded by you guys" ........

———————————————————————————
So thats Year 1 finished. Really excited about what I have planned for Year 2 The Chamber of Secrets.

Thanks

Lindsey