Chapter 3- Quidditch Try-outs

Thank you so much for reading my book. Updates will be when I can get them up!

---------------------------

We had just finished our flying lesson when both Me and Harry made our way to professor McGonagalls classroom wondering why it is exactly we have been asked to attend her room. We have already been given detention so what could this be about. Harry and I walked into professors McGonagalls classroom to find her standing there with a young looking boy who I have never seen before. "Now you two, I'm very disappointed in your behaviour today, no matter how much someone annoys you or provokes you never rise to their level. You've been given detention which will be held in this classroom tomorrow after classes. For now, this is Oliver Wood and he is the Gryffindor quidditch captain. You both showed amazing skills in flying a broom so early into the school year that I think you'll both benefit and help the team out so if you'd both follow me to the Quidditch field" McGonagall explains. Me and Harry both look at each other shocked by follow behind them. We arrived on the Quidditch field and my god it was huge a lot bigger then I expected especially from on the pitch. " Welcome you two to the quidditch pitch, you are both here today to learn everything you'll need to know about quidditch first of all basics. There are seven players on each team,three Chasers, one Keeper, two Beaters and one Seeker,four balls-one Quaffle, two Bludgers and one Snitch-,three hoops ten points per goal, and 150 points if you catch the Snitch, which also ends the game". We grabbed our brooms and did a few practise and training routines to get us used to each ball, you see Harry and I will both be apart of the team, Harry as a seeker and myself as a keeper . We was informed that we will both be taking part in  next game which happened to be against Slytherin. I guess we better start practicing "After detention do you want to go over plays and techniques ready for the first game" I asked Harry. "sure it will be great for both of us to learn more about the sport". Once we started researching about quidditch it seem that we couldn't stop ourselves. We learned all there was to learn about the sport even pass champions, we did find out that Harry's father James Potter was quidditch Captain which he was at school, I mean to say that is cool would be an understatement.

The day had finally arrived, my first quidditch game, I'm so nervous I haven't had near as much of practise and training as the other playing today and I've heard Slytherin are a really dirty team. I'm sitting round the Gryffindor table having a small bite to eat before the game with the gang. " So Linds, Harry how are you feeling" Regan had asked us, " well I'm a bit nervous what If I mess up and loose it for the team" I replied. " Listen, you are a natural on the broomstick so you will be fine, you've learnt all there is about quidditch I'd say your more than ready and as for your team they will have you back no matter what" Regan responded. " thanks Regan". With that being said it was now time for us to make our way to the pitch as the game is due to start in 30 minutes.

Regan's POV

The roaring cheers could be heard from miles around. The air was crisp and the sky seemingly clear, perfect for the first quidditch of the year. Gryffindor Vs Slytherin. I was especially excited for today's game, not only was my house playing but Lindsey would be. Her natural skill when flying is amazing for someone so new to it. The team captain had placed her as the Gryffindors Keeper. A very important roll which I'm sure she will be great in.

Hurrying up the steps and finding my seat next to Ron and Hermione. I didn't think the cheering could get any louder until the players zoomed past onto the pitch. My eyes darted from player to player until I found Lindsey, she was gliding around effortlessly to her position on the pitch. I could just make out her face. I could see she was a little nervous but she'd never let that get in the way.

I then spotted Harry getting into position too, he also looked slightly tense. The three of us cheered for our friends at the top of our lungs. Definitely going to have a sore throat tomorrow. The Slytherin team may look tough but I think they get too cocky for their own good. Thankfully Gryffindors don't have such traits. Bravery and courage. Both of which I know Lindsey and Harry have. My thoughts where interrupted by the announcers...