Chapter 45- Expelliamrus

It had now been a few days since Dumbledore's army had started and we had yet found anywhere to practice and learn the spells we needed and that Umbridge won't teach us. It had also been a few days since I made the decision to continue seeing Draco and continue our friends with benefits deal, we had going on. Professor Umbridge also now added a new curfew rule, meaning it was going to be even harder to meet but we will find a way, we always do. We were sitting in the common room all trying to come up with ideas and places on how we could practice when Neville came running in claiming that he had found the best place for us to practice. We immediately jumped up and followed him to where he found this room. It was down the same corridor where I had found the room of Requirements with Draco. I just didn't think the room would be big enough but apparently the room that Neville found was huge and the perfect place for us.

We started with the Practicing straight away to try and fit as much in as week could because we didn't know when we would need to use it. We of course started with the basic and that was Expelliarmus which is a charm that forced whatever an opponent was holding to fly out of their hand. It was common to see this spell used in duels to make an opponent lose their wand. Some of us picked it up quickly but others it took a little longer. Soon enough people started to figure out we was hiding something but couldn't figure out what it was. Most of us had perfected Expelliarmus so the next spell we moved onto was Stupefy-a charm that stunned the target, rendering them unconscious. This charm was exceptionally useful in duelling, as it can quickly end a duel without causing lasting damage. The spell also had the ability to halt moving objects- Harry used Nigel a younger Gryffindor boy to show us all and example of how the spell should go but instead it was so powerful it sent both flying back. Up next so show they understood the spell was Hermione and Ron and you can imagine that it didn't end well, Hermione sent Ron flying backwards and onto the ground causing us all to erupt in laughter.

Regan's POV

I was really struggling with training today. I guess it was because the type of spell we was learning sends your friends flying across the room. Stupefy. Used to stun your opponent or push them back. It is an important spell to learn especially for duals but I didn't want to injure anyone.

Harry asked everyone to pair up and I made excuses to Lindsey and Hermione saying I was waiting for Taehyung. I thought he wouldn't be around for today's lesson as he hadn't arrived yet and we was at least 45 minutes in. I had been practicing other spells we had learnt in previous lessons to pass the time.
To my horror Taehyung had arrived after all. He went up to Harry and discussed what he had missed. Harry noticing I was by myself, sent Taehyung my way.

"Hey Harry said you didn't have a partner. Can't really practice Stupefy by yourself can you." He laughed lightly smiling down at me but I could only half smile. "Are you alright ?" Placing a hand on my shoulder ,I looked up to him.

"Yeah just tired. I didn't have a good nights sleep." I lied , the truth was I didn't want to hurt him or anyone performing the spell incorrectly.

"Ah I see. Well I guess we better get to it. Do you want to go and dual? Probably the best way to practice using and blocking the spell right." He seemed excited but again he noticed My lack of enthusiasm.