Chapter 34- Yule ball-Regan's POV

This is a POV from Regans night at the yule ball

--------------------------------------------------------------

This is it the night I've been dreading. The Yule Ball. I was in a daze most of the day. Not really remembering opening Christmas presents or getting ready. I was on auto pilot till I had finished doing the final touches to my makeup and shuffling my dress. I looked at myself in the mirror for a moment. I've never looked like this before, I'm not really one to bother too much with makeup and hair (not that I went crazy with it tonight) but I felt a spark of confidence run though me. This is my Ball too and I won't allow Taehyung to ruin it. Despite his promise I didn't really believe him, I think I was just fooling myself.

"Are you both ready?" Lindsey asked Hermione and I. We both said yes and took a last look in the mirror before heading down to the Great Hall. We got to the top of the stair case. Couples already mingling and friends laughing together. Hermione said she was meeting her date elsewhere so we wished her luck and started to walk down the stairs.

I spotted Taehyung and Cedric and my small amount of confidence I had left me. Lindsey noticed my stiffer frame and took my hand, leading me down the stairs towards them. I greeted Cedric with a nod before turning to Taehyung . It's a bit difficult to describe the look on his face, sort of a mix of shock and cockiness, I looked down at my dress thinking it was caught up or something "What is it? " I questioned brushing down my dress. "You look a million times more stunning than I thought you would." I thanked him awkwardly not knowing whether it was a complement. "Jeez do I really look that bad day to day." To my surprise Taehyung steps towards me , lifting my hand to his mouth and kissing it softly. "You always look delicious to me." Giggling I pulled my hand away and told him not to be weird.

We was then called to make our way to the ball room. Cedric and Lindsey were lining up as the champions had the first dance. Taehyung and I managed to stand at the front , the 4 couples started to walk into the Ball room and dance. I couldn't help but smile watching Lindsey and Cedric. You could tell they had a strong connection just by looking at them. Hermione was dancing with Vicktor Krum which took me by surprise but she had a big smile on her face. Harry was his usual awkward self.

Others started to join the champions dancing when Taehyung nudged my shoulder "Do you want to dance?" He smiles softly at me
"Mmm I don't know everyone's so good." Even though I know the moves I was still nervous about dancing in front of everyone.
"But they aren't as good as me." Taehyung smirked before taking my hand and tugging me onto the dance floor. To my luck the moment he decided to start dancing was when the guy lifts his partner in the air. I wasn't ready and I yelped out loud making Taehyung laugh, "Calm down I'm not going to drop you." How embarrassing. I followed Taehyung lead though-out the rest of the dance. He moved effortlessly which took me by surprise, I wouldn't of thought someone like him could dance so well. He also seems to be keeping his promise but it's still early in the night to be sure.

Once all the formalities of the evening was over everyone seemed to let loose and party the night away . Every once in a while I would catch sight of my friends having a nice time, apart from Harry and Ron. I don't know what's wrong but I'm sure I'll find out at some point. I was also enjoying myself dancing with Taehyung, the guys got some moves. That was until he started pulling me aside towards the doors "what are you doing?" I asked
"It's time for your surprise. Don't you remember?" He continued to pull me along with him down the corridor.
"You did say after the Ball." Taehyung explained that now was a better time and we seemed to be heading towards the Library.

Taehyung told me to be as quiet as possible and stay close to him. I took my heals off and held them so my footsteps wouldn't be as loud and echoey though the corridors. He held my free hand before entering the library. As quickly as possible we snuck to the back of the bookshelves , near to where he had blackmailed me before. I started to worry a little, at least in the hall I could just walk away and find one of my friends, but now we are truly alone.