𝐓𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER TEN:A RAY OF SUNSHINE

CHAPTER TEN:
A RAY OF SUNSHINE

ELAINE SAT THERE, THE RADIO being the only sound in the car. Stiles had texted Scott, asking if he found the bullet yet only for Scott to reply he needed more time. Stiles let out a huff, putting his phone down before glancing towards Derek and saying, "Hey, try not to bleed out on my seats, okay? We're almost there."

"Almost where?" Derek questioned.

"Your house." Stiles answered him.

"What?" Derek asked, alarmed as he looked up at the boy. "No, you can't take me there."

"I can't take you to your own house?" Stiles asked, disbelief clear in his voice.

"Not when I can't protect myself." Derek shook his head.

Stiles quickly pulled over to the side of the road, Elaine raising a silent eyebrow at the boy as he turned off the car. "All right. What happens if Scott doesn't find your little magic bullet? Hmm? Are you dying?"

"Not yet." Derek said. "I have a last resort."

"What do you mean?" Stiles exclaimed. "What last resort?" Derek pulled up his shirt sleeve, revealing a bullet wound as well as dark veins crawling up his arms. Elaine scrunched her nose up in disgust whilst Stiles looked away saying, "Oh my god, what is that? Oh, is that contagious? You know what, you should probably just get out."

"Start the car. Now." Derek demanded, although very calmly which seemed to make it ten times more intimidating.

"I don't think you should be barking orders with the way you look, okay? In fact, I think, if I wanted to, I could probably drag your little Werewolf ass out into the middle of the road and leave you for dead." Stiles ranted, pointing towards the outside as he spoke.

Derek looked at the boy before once again calmly saying, "Start the car. Or I'm gonna rip your throat out. . . with my teeth." Elaine's eyes widened as Stiles just looked at him for a minute before huffing and turning the car back on, starting on the road once again.

"Jesus, you're terrifying." Elaine muttered.

"I try." Derek responded.

They continued driving around, night soon falling on them and Elaine now laying down in the backseat, her eyes closed and she had almost fallen asleep until Stiles started speaking to someone, Elaine assuming it was Scott. The female opened her eyes, looking at Stiles from her laying position.

"What am I supposed to do with him?" Stiles asked, clearly irritated by the situation at hand.

"Take him somewhere. Anywhere." Scott answered.

"And, by the way, he's starting to smell." Stiles spoke, scrunching up his nose as he glanced towards Derek.

"Like what?"