𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐎𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE:I MISSED YOU

CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE:
I MISSED YOU

     "THIS IS A LOT HARDER than I anticipated." Elaine huffed.

     "What? Did you think being a witch was easy at first?" Rebekah questioned, letting out a laugh as she shook her head. Elaine shrugged her shoulders. "Elaine, I have to admit, you are more powerful than I had originally imagined you to be. More powerful than I, dare I say."

     "Really?" Elaine questioned, cocking her head slightly.

     "Elaine, do you know how long it took me to  do a locator spell? You've done it all on your own, with no help minus my book. That spell is for advanced witches. Your power only continues to grow stronger day by day." A sigh fell from Rebekah's lips, making Elaine frown.

     "Why do you say that like it's a bad thing?"

     Rebekah sighed before looking at her daughter. "Take this warning as you will. That saying with great power comes great responsibility is true. The more power you receive, the more you have the responsibility to keep it under control. Whilst also trying to avoid turning dark."

     "Dark? What do you mean?"

     "There's such thing as dark magic, but there is also a thing such as a dark witch. One that becomes too power hungry becomes a dark witch. Dark magic, however, is completely different. It's a magic that'll eat you up from the inside until it fully possesses you and makes you lose sight of who you truly are. I do not want that to happen to you, Elaine. So, I need for you to be careful, alright? Dark creatures, dark magic, avoid it at all cost if possible."

       "Dark magic." Elaine mumbled. "I think I read a section about that in the book you gave me." Rebekah nodded and Elaine furrowed her eyebrows. "If you didn't want me to mess with dark magic, why give me a book that has dark spells inside of it?"

     "Sometimes you have to do things that you don't want to do." She answered with a sigh. "But do not tap into the dark side of your magic unless it is absolutely necessary, understand?"

     "Yes, I understand."

Elaine pulled up at her house, smiling as soon as she had saw her brother peek out from the window in his room, immediately running down the steps when he saw who it was. Elaine got out of the car and let out a laugh as Scott ran up to her, pulling her into a hug before swinging her around.

     "I've missed you." Scott told her, making Elaine beam up at him.

     "I've missed you too, Scott."

     "First off, a car?"

     "Rebekah gave it to me." Elaine admitted with a smile. "It's in my name. And I still have to pay half of it off, seeing as I refused to let her pay for the entirety of it. But, I officially have a car."