𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲-𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER SIXTY-NINE:NO LONGER THE CRAZY ONE

CHAPTER SIXTY-NINE:
NO LONGER THE CRAZY ONE

IT ALL CAME IN FLASHES. The blood, the screams, her mother's voice whispering to her that it was okay. She didn't understand it. But it repeated in her head, in her dreams, over and over until it stopped and she was standing in the mirror. Her eyes were pitch black, black veins crawling up her neck and face and she had a wicked smile placed on her lips, her hands cherry red from the blood of the person she murdered. That wasn't even the worst part. The worst part was that she didn't feel and ounce of remorse, and instead felt satisfaction.

She could see the bodies within the reflection of the mirror, and just as she was about to turn around to look at their faces, her eyes abruptly snapped open and she shot up in the bed, breathing heavily in and out with her heart going a thousand miles per hour.

And not even a second later Stiles was waking up screaming causing Elaine to turn towards the boy, quickly grabbing hold of him as Noah ran into the room. "Stiles!" Elaine called the boys name, moving so that Noah was holding onto him and she was sitting in front of him, trying to grab onto his face. "Stiles! Stiles, look at me!" But he wouldn't stop screaming so the girl clenched her jaw before her eyes glowed and she yelled out, "Tardus pulsatio!" Immediately the boy started to calm down, gripping onto his father like his life depended on it.

"Hey, hey, hey, it's okay." Noah calmly said whilst Elaine ran a hand through her hair, sighing. She looked at her boyfriend and felt tears fill her eyes, wishing that she could help him and just take it all away. She looked towards Noah who shared the same worried look as she did. Once they knew that the boy was calm, Noah reluctantly left him with Elaine, who held onto him for the rest of the night.

"Babe, are you sure you're alright?" Elaine asked, sitting on the bed with her legs crossed as she watched Stiles get ready for school. "You really don't have to go for today if you just want a day to yourself. Everyone will understand."

"I'm fine, alright?" Stiles looked towards her, watching as she shrunk into herself at his tone of voice. She looked down to the ground and started messing with her fingers, immediately causing the boy to stride over to her, kneeling in front of her and placing his hands on the side of the girl's face. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to snap like that."

"No, I know." Elaine nodded, her voice soft.

"Laney, look at me." She did as he asked, her blue eyes meeting his brown ones. "I'm sorry, I really am. Get in the jeep if you want, go make yourself some breakfast, and I'll be down in a sec."

She put a small smile on her face as she nodded her head. "Okay." He puckered his lips and she chuckled before leaning forward and giving him a kiss before watching as he stood up, pulling her from the bed before pulling the girl in for another kiss.