𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

CHAPTER FIVE:LYDIA'S PARTY

CHAPTER FIVE:
LYDIA'S PARTY

SHE COULDN'T SLEEP THAT WEEK. She stayed up, trying to look up the words that the unknown woman had spoken to her, but how was she supposed to look up something she didn't know or understand when the accent was so thick it was almost impossible to spell? She laid down at three, closed her eyes and tried to sleep only for the same phrase to be repeated over and over to the point it was driving her insane. Eventually, she gave up.

Elaine got ready for school, even going downstairs and fixing herself some breakfast, leaving a little extra for her mom but none for Scott, knowing he would get up late and it would be cold. She pushed her food around the plate with her fork, thinking back to the events that had taken place a few nights prior. She looked up only upon hearing footsteps.

"You're up early." Melissa spoke, entering the kitchen where another plate was sitting. Melissa pointed towards the plate. "Is this for me?"

"I thought you might like a home cooked meal from your favorite child before going into work today." Elaine answered, giving her mother a small smile.

"I don't have a favorite child." Melissa answered, taking a fork and eating the food.

"You're just saying that as to not hurt Scott's feelings." Elaine answered with a small smirk. She took her mother's plate once she was finished, accepting the kiss on the head her mother gave her before saying goodbye. Elaine cleaned the plates before drying them and placing them back in the cabinets. She grabbed her bag, heading towards the door but stopping when the front door opened and she saw Scott enter with nothing but boxers on. She cocked an eyebrow at him, the man standing there as if he had been caught in the act of burglary.

"You know what, I'm not even going to ask." Elaine spoke, shaking her head before continuing her way towards the couch. Scott ran past her and up the steps whilst Elaine opened her book and silently started to read.

━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎

After school, the training for who would make the lacrosse team took place. Elaine sat there with her legs crossed over one another, watching from afar as Stiles scrambled after Scott, trying to tell him something only for Scott to ignore him. They all gathered around Coach, Elaine's attention moving when she saw Allison make her way towards her. The female sat beside her on the bench, the two smiling at one another before watching. And once again to her surprise, Scott got the ball and maneuvered past everyone before shooting and making the goal.

"Whoa." The woman breathed, though she couldn't help but feel proud of her brother. She watched as Coach called him over, speaking to him for a few moments before Coach gave him a pat on the shoulder, and that's when she heard it.

"You're startin' buddy. You made first line." Immediately Elaine stood up and cheered for her brother, others joining her on doing so. As practice ended, Elaine made her way towards Stiles who was still sitting there.