𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

CHAPTER SEVENTY:BARDO

CHAPTER SEVENTY:
BARDO

COACHES WHISTLE CONTINUED TO BLOW the longer he tried to get Stiles attention. Elaine frowned as she looked towards her boyfriend. It wasn't until he shot up that the man stopped blowing his whistle much to Elaine's relief. Her ears couldn't stop ringing now.

"Stilinski!" Coach shouted.

"Uh-huh?" The boy quickly responded.

"I asked you a question."

"Uh. . . sorry Coach, what was it?"

"It was 'Stilinski, were you paying attention back there'?"

Stiles pursed his lips for a moment before saying, "Oh. Well, I am now."

"Stilinski, stop reminding me why I drink. . . every night." The teacher muttered. "Does anybody else want to try the question on the board?"

Both Elaine and Scott were looking at the boy with worry. He glanced between them before saying, "I'm okay. I just fell asleep for a second."

This caused the siblings to glance at one another before Elaine was the one to speak. "Babe. . . you weren't asleep." She glanced down to the paper on his desk and he looked down before noticing the words he had written on the paper. Over and over again, in several different ways, the words 'wake up' were sprawled all over the page.

━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎

Her head was placed on his shoulder and her eyes were closed as he gently ran a hand through her hair. He knew that she hadn't been able to sleep much given the fact that she would stay up after he woke himself awake screaming in hopes of trying to lull him into a peaceful sleep. The girl was exhausted, but he knew she wouldn't say anything because that wasn't who Elaine was. People she loved about always came first, even if it did cause her to suffer.

"Okay, so what happens to a person who has a near death experience and comes out of seeing things?" Scott started. They were all sitting outside at one of the picnic tables, trying to figure this out whilst Elaine slept on Stiles' shoulder.

"And is unable to tell what's real or not?" Stiles continued.

"And is being haunted by demonic visions of dead relatives?" Allison sighed.

"They're all locked up because they're insane." Isaac answered, causing the group to look at him.

"Ha. Can you at least try to be helpful, please?" Stiles narrowed his eyes at the boy.

"For half my childhood, I was locked in a freezer." Isaac replied. "So, being helpful is kind of a new thing for me."

"Hey, dude, are you still milking that?"