𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER SEVEN:A MOUNTAIN LION

CHAPTER SEVEN:
A MOUNTAIN LION

SHE WAS ANGRY TO KNOW that she had gotten off work just as Scott's game was about to start. And like she had promised her mom, she made it. Though, she brought a distraction with her. She sat beside of her mom, opening her book and reading the Latin words that fell across the page. Melissa glanced towards her daughter with a small frown, knowing that even when Scott never played that she always watched the games.

"Hey, it's starting." Melissa told her.

"I know." Elaine answered, glancing towards the game before looking back down towards her book.

"Is everything alright?" Melissa questioned.

"Yep." Elaine smiled, popping the 'p'. "Hey, uh, I'm going to join Allison and Lydia if that's alright?"

"Yeah." Melissa nodded before watching as she got up and moved towards them. She offered the two females a small smile, as well as Allison's dad who she had met when staying over at the brunette's house. She watched as Lydia and Allison stood up, holding a sign for Jackson before sitting down once again.

"Which one is Scott again?" Allison's father questioned.

"Number 11." Both Lydia and Elaine answered, though Elaine said it with more anger in her voice than Lydia. "Otherwise known as the only one who hasn't caught the ball," Lydia finished.

"I hope he's okay." Allison spoke, frowning.

"I hope we're okay." Lydia responded.

"He's perfectly fine." Elaine answered, looking down at her book whilst Lydia glanced at her with a sad frown before exchanging a look with Allison who was confused by the aggression in the usually nice teenager's voice.

"We need to win this." Lydia spoke, standing up and holding up her sign before grabbing Allison's attention, telling her to help. Elaine looked up just as her brother got the ball, jumping over a player, sliding by the others before throwing the ball in the goal. She clenched her jaw as everyone stood up cheering. When it started again, Scott got the ball, the other team deliberately giving it to him before he ran and shot the ball right through the goalies stick and into the goal, making the score tied. Once again, Scott caught the ball, stopping in the middle of the field and standing there for a few seconds. Elaine felt her heart rate suddenly spike in fear, afraid that what would happen in the locker room would happen out in the field. However, she seemed to let out a shaky breath when he got the winning goal.

When Lydia was ready, Elaine quickly said goodbye to her mom, giving her a kiss on the cheek before leaving with the strawberry blonde. They made it back and Elaine was quick to say goodnight before laying down, and closing her eyes, slowly falling asleep. Her dreams once again being haunted with the Latin phrase that she had dreamed about a few weeks prior.