𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE:YOU'RE MY SISTER

YOU'RE MY SISTER

"LYDIA, WANNA GO TO THE dance together?" Elaine questioned. "I don't have a date. Neither do you. It's a compromise."

"I'll go with you last minute." Lydia answered. Elaine frowned.

"Last minute? What do you mean?"

"I'm giving that Stiles kid until the day of to ask you. And then we'll go together." Lydia said with a smirk.

"You're joking, right?" Elaine gave her friend a blank look. "Lyds, he knows you aren't going with Jackson, he'll ask you before he ever thinks of asking me."

"Well, I'll say no." Lydia smiled.

"No, don't do that." Elaine shook her head. "It will break his heart."

"And if I do say yes―︎if he even asks me―︎ and I go with him, it'll break yours." Lydia told the girl, frowning. "El, I'm your best friend. Even though I'm a bitch most of the time, I would never do anything to intentionally hurt you."

"Is it really intentional if I already know about it and already approve it?" Elaine questioned. Elaine offered her friend a gentle smile.

"You and your selflessness is annoying." Lydia muttered. "Though, admirable. I wish I were you sometimes, you know that."

Elaine let out a laugh, smiling as she shook her head. "Trust me, Lyds, when I say, no you don't."

━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎

The three started up the escalator of the mall, Elaine turned around so that she was looking down at Lydia and Allison who were behind her.

"Nothing's wrong. . . I just, I have a lot on my mind." Allison said with a soft sigh.

"You could smile, at least. Ever heard of the saying, 'Never frown―︎someone could be falling in love with your smile?'" Lydia told the dark haired girl. "Smile, Allison. I'm buying you a dress."

"Have to admit, as far as apologies go, that's more than I expected." Allison spoke, earning a chuckle of amusement from Elaine.

"It's an apology more than she's ever given me in our many years of friendship." Elaine told Allison with an amused smirk.

"But not as much as I'm going to ask." Allison spoke, looking at the girl before looking at Elaine who just nodded her head. Allison didn't like the plan, knowing how much this was truly hurting Elaine, but the McCall was adamant on saying she was perfectly fine with it, and she just wanted Stiles to be happy. And his happiness was going to be with Lydia. It took Elaine years to finally admit that she would never be his happiness.