𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

CHAPTER FOUR:HER LEG IS BROKEN

CHAPTER FOUR:
HER LEG IS BROKEN

ELAINE SAT THERE WITH A chart in her hand along with a pen as she scanned over the severity of the patient. She moved the braid from off her shoulder, clicking the pen before placing it back in the pocket of her shirt. She jumped when a hand was place on her shoulder, relaxing slightly upon noticing her mother who took the computer beside of her.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." Melissa McCall said with a small laugh. "You didn't have to come. We're pretty slow today, actually."

"I need the money." Elaine shrugged her shoulders. "Besides, I actually enjoy working here part time with very minimum pay. The clinic makes up for it though."

"How was school?" She questioned, typing on the computer.

"School was school." She answered with a sigh. "Scott actually did pretty good at practice today. He caught like, every ball." Melissa raised her eyebrows in surprise at this. Elaine laughed, nodding slightly, "My reaction exactly."

"What time do you have to be at the clinic?" Melissa questioned. Elaine shrugged her shoulders, standing up and walking across the hall to put the chart in the patients door before walking back towards her mother. "Whenever I get through here. I'll probably go help Scott close up since it's already late."

"Lydia getting you?" Melissa questioned.

"Hopefully." Elaine sighed. Melissa finished with the computer before standing up and giving Elaine a kiss on the head as she passed by.

"Don't stress yourself out, you did that last year, and that ended badly." Melissa pointed out to her. Elaine remembered how stressed she became from trying to balance school and two jobs. She ended up having a breakdown and had to take a break from everything for about four weeks, Scott having to bring her her homework and explain it to her so she wouldn't get even more behind. That was a low point for her.

"I won't. I promise." Elaine says, giving her mother a reassuring smile. Melissa smiled at her, patting her shoulder as she walked by. Elaine closed her eyes, letting out a soft sigh before she quickly went back to work.

━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎

"Scotty? I'm here! I know it's after closing, sorry I'm late." Elaine called, hanging up her coat and pushing through the gate. She entered the bathroom, changing out of her scrubs before walking out and into the room where Scott was. He offered her a small smile to which she returned.

"How was the hospital?" He questioned. Elaine hopped onto the table, shrugging her shoulders.

"It was normal. No lunatics or anything like that came in today." Elaine clicked her tongue. "Anything for me to do?"