𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

CHAPTER THREE:I VOLUNTEERED

CHAPTER THREE:
I VOLUNTEERED

AS THE DAY ROLLED BY, Elaine continued to be distracted, the Latin phrase still repeating in her head in a jumbled mess. It made her head continuously ache. Lydia had managed to catch up to the girl, telling her about how there was going to be a math test the next week and that they should make a study date for it. Upon noticing Allison, Elaine called out to her, offering the girl a small smile.

"Allison, hey!" Elaine smiled, stopping in front of the woman with Lydia joining her side.

"Elaine." Allison smiled back, moving her gaze from Scott who she had been looking at moments prior.

"Allison, this is my friend Lydia. Lydia this is Allison." Elaine introduced the duo, smiling kindly.

"That jacket is absolutely killer." Were the first words Lydia spoke towards the girl, making Elaine sigh and cross her arms over her chest. "Where did you get it?"

"My mom was a buyer for a boutique back in San Francisco." Allison explained to the strawberry blonde.

Lydia smirked. "And you are my new best friend."

"Dude, right here." Elaine spoke, scoffing once more.

"You know I love you, Laine." Lydia responded, sending her friend a smile. Elaine rolled her eyes before moving so that she was leaning against the lockers beside Allison, her foot placed against the locker and her hand running through her red-ish tinted hair. She wasn't really sure what color her hair was exactly, seeing as it changed depending on the sunlight. At the moment it had a auburn-red tint. Sometimes it was dark brown, sometimes it was light brown, sometimes red decorated it. She gave up on her natural hair color after the third grade.

That's when Jackson appeared greeting Lydia with a small make-out session making Allison and Elaine exchange looks, Elaine giving Allison an apologetic smile. Lydia moved her lips from her boyfriend before turning her attention back towards Allison. "So, this weekend, there's a party."

"A party?" Allison questioned.

"Yeah. Friday night." Lydia answered her. "You should come."

"Uh, I can't." Allison answered. "It's family night this Friday." Elaine couldn't help but smirk slightly at the excuse that the girl had managed to come up with.

"You sure? I mean, everyone's coming after the scrimmage." Lydia asked, raising an expectant eyebrow at the girl.

"You mean football?" Allison asked, smiling slightly. This of course earned an obnoxious laugh from Jackson, making the teenager roll her eyes.

"Football's a joke in Beacon." Jackson told the female, leaning against the locker. "The sport here is lacrosse. We've won the state champion for the past three years."