𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR:COOKIES?

COOKIES?

ALL ELAINE GOT WAS A text from Scott, claiming that Stiles did it, but now Jackson wasn't safe. The girl cursed under her breath, biting roughly on her lip and glancing at Allison as she entered her room. Elaine offered her a small smile.

"Hey, Ali. You alright?" Elaine questioned. The girl gave her a sad smile.

"Yeah, I'm alright. But uh, tell Scott we'll talk later. I'm just going to head home." Allison told the girl. Elaine stood up from her bed, nodding her head in response before she placed a hand on Allison's shoulder.

"He wanted to talk to you, Allison. He really did." Elaine softly told the girl. Allison offered her a small smile before walking past the girl and out of the house. Just as she did so, a call from Deaton popped up. She frowned slightly before answering. "Hey boss, what's up?"

"Scott's here. And he's been shot." Deaton simply stated. Elaine stood up straighter.

"I'm on my way." She quickly hung up before running down the steps and out of the door, making a sprint towards the animal clinic. Elaine entered the animal clinic running to the back just as she watched Deaton remove a bullet from Scott's body. She quickly entered, noticing the smoke that seemed to come from it. She started to panic, wondering why Deaton wasn't questioning the fact that there was smoke coming from the bullet hole.

"I-is he okay?" She quickly stuttered out.

"He's fine." Deaton assured her, and the girl nodded before sitting down, catching her breath. Scott gasped, and immediately Elaine stood up again.

"I wouldn't get up just yet." Deaton warned the boy.

"Where am I?" Scott groaned.

"The animal clinic." Elaine answered, coming into view and placing a hand on her brother's shoulder, offering him a gentle smile.

"You're fine. And I've given you something that should speed up the healing process." Deaton told the boy, and the two siblings turned their attention towards him.

"But, you're a vet. . ." Scott trailed of, confused.

"That's very true―︎and ninety-percent of the time, I'm mostly treating cats and dogs."

"Mostly?" Elaine frowned. Deaton nodded.

"Mostly." Elaine and Scott exchanged looks with one another before turning their attention back towards Deaton. He knew about the supernatural, which meant that he knew what Scott was. And that seemed to always be a dangerous thing. Scott seemed to pass out and seeing as it was getting late, Deaton tried to convince Elaine Scott would be fine, but the girl refused to move. She was worried for her brother, and she wanted to know what happened. And in fact, Elaine hadn't even realized that it had turned to be the next morning and that she had fallen asleep until voices woke her up.