𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT:IT'S OKAY

IT'S OKAY

ELAINE QUICKLY RAN OUT AFTER Chris Argent, calling out his name and making him stop in his track. Stiles had tried to convince the girl to come with him, but she wouldn't if it meant she would get there on time to save her brother. She was going to save someone's life tonight, no matter what it took.

"Argent!" The man stopped in his tracks, turning his attention towards the girl. She stopped when she reached him. "I'm coming with you."

"Elaine―︎"

"That's my brother that your sister is trying to kill." Elaine begged. "Please. I need to know he's alright."

Argent looked down at the girl and sighed before nodding his head. She quickly entered his vehicle as the two sped towards the Hale house. When they arrived, Argent looked towards the girl. "Stay here." He got out and walked away. Elaine watched him go before scoffing.

"Stay here my ass." She quickly unbuckled her seatbelt and exited the car. She followed the path that Argent had went, carefully taking a stand behind a tree when she saw Kate and Allison, Allison holding the bow that had sent two arrows into Derek along with one that had blinded Scott, sending him to the ground.

"Kate!" Argent snapped at his sister. "I know what you did. Put the gun down."

"I did what I was told to do." Kate simply answered.

"No one asked you to murder innocent people!" Argent snapped. "There were children in that house, ones who were human. Look what you're doing now! You're holding a gun at a sixteen-year-old boy with no proof he's spilled human blood! We go by the Code―︎ 'Nous chassons ceux qui nous chassent.'"

"We hunt those who hunt us." Allison mumbled. Kate put her finger finger on the trigger, but Argent was quick to hold up his own gun, pointing it at his sister.

"Put the gun down." When she didn't, he shot the gun, hitting the tree that was right beside of Kate. "Before I put you down." When Kate put the gun down, Elaine couldn't help but appear beside Argent, looking at her brother with relief flooding in her eyes. She quickly made her way over to him.

"What are you doing here?" The boy asked.

"I had to make sure you were alright." Elaine softly responded. However, the moment was ruined when the door to the Hale house creaked open, grabbing the attention of the group. Scott quickly scrambled up whilst Elaine did the same. The Argents aimed their guns, Chris telling Allison to stay back.

"What is it?" Allison asked.

"It's the Alpha." Scott answered her. The creature darted from the home, making the group turn in the direction it had went. In a flash it knocked down Argent, making him fall to the ground. Next, Allison went down, her bow being knocked from her hand and moved away from her. Then it was Scott, who went down beside of Elaine, making the girl frown as to why she wasn't the one shoved down. However, she was the one that went down next, her back slamming against the ground. That left Kate to stand there by herself.