𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐢𝐱

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX:SHE MAKES YOU HAPPY

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX:
SHE MAKES YOU HAPPY

ELAINE HAD WALKED OUT of her brother's room for the second time that night with a smile on her face. He had split his brand new dress pants, and now their mom was having to sew it. Now, Elaine stood in her own room, her dress covering her body along with leather navy blue heels that she had found that matched the dress perfectly. The heels had a thin buckle surrounding the ankle and they didn't hurt her feet, so she thought they were pretty secure and it didn't take a second for her to convince Lydia to but them.

Elaine did a navy blue smokey eye on both eyes, a winged eyeliner, and mascara to make her eye lashes pop, but not enough to the point it looked stupid. She had a clear gloss that covered her lips before she was quick to curl her hair before looking at herself and sighing, deciding she would walk to her brother's room and see what he and her mother thoughts. She walked down the hall, the sound of heels clicking grabbing Melissa and Scott's attention.

"I know, it's not much. Or, maybe it's too much. I don't know. But, I think I did okay? I did my own make-up, which I haven't done that often. Usually Lydia does it for me." Elaine rambled, her eyes focused on her dress and not on her brother and mom as they looked at the girl with their jaws slightly ajar. She looked up at them and frowned. "Oh god, it's too much. I knew it."

"No, no, no." Scott quickly told her, shaking his head.

"Elaine, you look gorgeous." Melissa told her daughter, standing up and walking over to her. "Whoever your date is, they're one lucky guy."

"I'm actually going alone." Elaine mumbled, biting the inside of the cheek.

"How do you plan on getting there? Because you aren't walking all the way to that school in heels." Melissa sternly told her.

"I'll figure something out." Elaine told her mother, offering her a small smile. Melissa looked at her daughter before nodding and giving her a kiss on the top of the head.

"You look beautiful." Melissa assured her before walking out of the room. Elaine smiled before turning towards her brother who had just finished putting his pants back on.

"You really do look amazing, Ellie." Scott told her, standing up and moving so that he was in front of her.

"Thanks, Scotty." Elaine smiled. The girl then furrowed her eyebrows when her mother called up to her.

"Elaine, it's for you!"

Elaine looked at Scott who was shrugging his shoulders before the two made it down the steps, turning the corner to see Stiles standing at the door. When the boy saw Elaine walk down the steps, his heart seemed to pound roughly his chest. His throat ran dry and his palms became sweaty. She looked absolutely gorgeous. He tried to look up at Scott, but he couldn't remove his gaze from the girl. The girl that was usually found in the jean jacket Stiles had bought for her two years prior. The girl that was never found with a dress on her body unless it was for a dance or a special occasion. The girl who his heart longed for without him even realizing it did. The girl who he has always been in love with, even though he had yet to realize.