𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐎𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER SEVENTY-ONE:WERECOYOTE

WERECOYOTE

THEY PULLED UP TO THE Tate residence, Elaine had been holding Stiles' hand as the boy drove his jeep, staring blankly out the window. She only looked away when Noah opened his car door and got out of his car, heading up to the man's front porch. That was their cue to get out and sneak into Malia's room, trying to help Scott find something that might actually be useful.

"All I'm getting is some animal smell." Scott huffed.

"What kind of animal?" Stiles whispered.

That's when Scott froze, looking in the doorway. "Dog." Elaine and Stiles both turned their heads to see a dog standing there, causing both of them to freeze as well.

"Hi, puppy." Stiles looked at the dog, not moving his eyes from the creature as he talked to Scott. "Get rid of it."

"Me?"

"Yes, you. Glow your eyes at it, something, be the alpha." The dog snarled at the three teenagers.

"I can't." Scott muttered. "I don't have control."

"Okay, buddy, you're going to have to try something."

Scott swallowed before slowly holding his out towards the dog. "Nice doggy. . ." But that's when the dog started barking.

"Apollo!" Mr. Tate yelled the dogs name. "Apollo, shut up! Shut the hell up!" And then the dog suddenly stopped, turning around and running away from them. Elaine let out a breath of relief whilst Stiles handed Scott a book, but all that Scott could smell was the dog. That's when Stiles noticed a picture, causing the boy to pull out his phone and take a picture of the picture.

"I'm sorry." They all stood outside with the three walking towards Noah and Scott shaking his head. "I tried as hard as I could. If it wasn't so long ago, I might have been able to do it."

"It's okay. It was a long shot." Noah shook his head. "In fact, it was a pretty terrible idea. I think I just ripped a wound open in that poor man. I should have never brought you guys here. I don't know what I was thinking. Thanks for trying, alright?"

"Yeah." Scott nodded as Noah patted the boy's shoulder before getting into his car. "See you at home." And then they watched the man drive off.

Scott then turned towards Stiles. "Aren't there a lot of cases that go unsolved?"

"Yeah, I just think this is one he felt like he could've figured out right now."

"Why is it so important now?"

"He wants to be able to solve one more while he's still Sheriff."

"Still Sheriff? What do you mean, he is still the Sheriff, unless he's retiring or something?" Elaine frowned, furrowing her eyebrows. Stiles opened his mouth before sighing and then explaining what it was their father was doing.