Chapter One

Chapter One

-

Gently closing the door, hanging up his coat and slipping off his shoes, Luke clutched the book to his chest. Smiling. It was a massive achievement getting a book to review before anyone else, massive step in his career and he couldn't stop the excitement from flooding through his body, mixing with the alcohol and making him more intoxicated and giddy. And meeting Ashton didn't help.

"Free book?" a voice called as he entered the living area, the room lit dimly and a TV flickering.

Luke hummed. "Signed too."

He placed the book on the coffee table and collapsed onto the sofa, curling up into his boyfriend's arms.

Aaron ran his fingers down Luke's cheek as he looked down at him and planted a soft kiss on his lips.

Luke smiled up, his face beginning to ache with all the happiness he had experienced today. He truly thought that today had been one of the best days of his life. Never had he felt more proud and content with the life he had carved and created.

He twisted his head and stared at the television to see what was on. If Aaron had watched anything without him. It was rare he went out, and it was easy for them to find time to watch a series together. However, he knew how impatient his boyfriend could become.

His eyes flickered over to the leftover takeaway left of the coffee table. "I'm starving," he said, reaching down towards some leftover chips.

Aaron grabbed his waist and pulled him back, playfully climbing on top of him. "They're hours old Luke. I'll make you something."

Luke groaned and collapsed back onto the sofa. "It's late. I don't want a meal! They'll do!"

Aaron bit his lip and looked at the blonde man laying across the sofa. He moved off him and picked the younger man up, holding him in his arms." How about we just go to bed?" he whispered, kissing the side of Luke's neck.

The blonde squealed but nodded in satisfaction. Hunger overcome by delight and lust.

Once in their room. Aaron placed the blonde on the bed, beginning to unbutton his shirt. Luke giggled, the same sounds he made earlier that evening. But this time he lay limp on the bed, his arms and legs spread out. As Luke opened his mouth, Aaron stared at the younger man as the smell of alcohol hit him.

"Have you been drinking?" he asked shocked.

"A couple of champagnes."

"Champagnes!" he complained. "You know I don't like you drinking when I'm not around."

"It was an event. I was celebrating and trying not to be too awkward," Luke pouted. Sitting up, and crawling into his lap, kissing him all over. "I'd never do anything if that's what you're worried about?"

Aaron shook his head and brushed Luke's hair out of his face. "Just don't want you hurting yourself, that's all. It's not good for you. I should have picked you up, I didn't realise how drunk you'd be!"

"I haven't drunk in a while. I doubt I'll drink for another year! It was just to celebrate. I wish you could have been there." His eyes were closed and he was aimlessly rambling.

"I know," Aaron breathed out, holding Luke closer to him, his breath warming Luke's neck. "I wish I could have seen how happy you were, I know how big this was for you. Did you know anyone there? Or did you just stand alone in the corner like when I first met you? I suppose no one knew who you were, this little writer!"