Chapter Thirty-five

Chapter Thirty-five

-

Luke heard the door slam and brought his spoon up to his mouth as he ate some cereal. It wasn't as nice as porridge but it was food nonetheless. He chewed slowly as Aaron entered the living area and stood behind him. He felt a pair of firm hands on his shoulders and a body loom over him. He heard Aaron make a noise of approval as he walked away. Luke turned his head and watched him head into the bathroom, untucking his shirt as he entered.

He sighed with relief and took another spoonful. When Aaron returned he sat in the seat perpendicular to him and smiled. "I think we're going to be okay Luke." Luke nodded in response and ate another spoonful. "Everything seems to be falling into place." Luke nodded again and placed the spoon back into the bowl, the metal sinking into the remaining milk. Aaron grinned and leaned forward, holding up the younger man's chin. "I am really proud of you." He kissed Luke's lips softly.

Luke watched him leave the table again and head over to the sofa. "I thought we could watch a movie? Maybe some popcorn if you're up for it?" Luke didn't answer, but he stood up and took his bowl to the sink and washed it up. When he returned to the living room Aaron was scanning for a film. The blonde man sat on the other side of the sofa and watched the TV in a daze. The images were pixelated and he couldn't stop thinking about Ashton.

"Come here!" Aaron moaned as he patted his lap. Luke moved over obediently and rested his head on Aaron's chest.

As the film progressed, Luke felt Aaron's hand moved under his shirt and rest on his stomach. His fingers gently running over the small fold of skin he had been forming. Luke sat still and silent, his eyes remaining in front of him. He didn't know what Aaron thought. Aaron didn't say anything about his body anymore — whether it was good or bad. There was just a load of ambiguity. His doctor told him he was now healthy and he felt healthy. But he didn't care what the doctor said, he wanted to know what Aaron thought. Anything was better than nothing, at least then he had something to work with.

Finally Luke tilted his head to look up at his boyfriend for any display of emotion. Aaron laughed as they met eyes. "What Luke? Just say whatever your thinking? You're awfully quiet at the moment? You're not going mute on me, are you? I don't need to get you help for that as well?"

Luke shook his head and looked back down at his lap, he reached under his shirt, pulling Aaron's hand away from his stomach and back out into the open where he could see it. Luke held it tightly. "I don't like you touching me there," he mumbled.

"Okay," Aaron agreed, turning the volume down with his spare hand. "I was just showing you some love, Luke."

"You can do that in other ways—"

"Of course I can. But your my boyfriend and I own all of your body. I don't want to neglect your most beautiful parts," he said firmly, ripping his hand free of Luke's grasp. He could tell his boyfriend was getting stronger. His hand ached from the firm grasp.

"You don't think that. I know you don't like it—"

"Who said I didn't like it? I've never said that?"

"You didn't like it before? Why would you like it now?"

"Maybe it's better if you're silent. You can't argue with me then!" Aaron laughed, taking Luke's hips and trying to move him around to face him. Luke sighed and obediently turned in Aaron's lap so their heads were level. "I never said that. You know you weren't sane then, you remember how confused you were about everything—"

"I know, but —"

Aaron placed a finger to Luke's lips and began to pull up his shirt. Luke shook his head and pulled it back down. Aaron glared at him and Luke began to tremble. Eventually, he turned his head and let Aaron do what he wanted. Aaron pulled his shirt over his head and stared at his body. When he noticed that Luke was still looking away, he took his head and forced it down to look. "Aaron—" he sobbed, trying to pull away. "You're hurting me!"