Chapter Twenty-four

Chapter Twenty-four

-

Luke opened his eyes as the door closed. "Ashton?"

"I'm here Luke, you sure he won't be back for a while?" Ashton asked sceptically, staring back at the door he had just closed. Luke nodded and sat up slowly

Anxiously sitting down next to the blonde, Ashton looked at his hand. "Can I take your hand?" Luke nodded and opened it up welcomingly. "How are you feeling?"

"Okay."

"How is Aaron treating you?"

"Ashton!" Luke complained with a sigh. "This isn't his fault. He got me here just in time. It's my fault. I didn't blame you when this happened before. He kept telling me I was going too far and I didn't listen. I've been delusional"

Ashton laughed, he couldn't believe how deluded and manipulated Luke had become. "You sort of did. And it was partly my fault."

"It wasn't and it's not Aaron's."

"Luke, I've seen this before—"

"I'm tired Asthon. I don't want to argue."

"You invited me here Luke. You can't keep asking for me when you need me and then discarding me straight away. You knew what I was going to say."

Luke looked down at their hands intertwined and felt tears brimming in his eyes. "I just wanted to see you, Ashton. I needed you to be here as someone who loves me."

Sighing Ashton's eyes settled on Luke's phone. It had taken him two days to call and two days for him to be alone. "Does he check your phone?"

Luke shrugged. "He knows my password. But I delete your messages. I have your number in my head."

Ashton smiled to himself, but he knew it was no occasion to be smiling.

The door opened and Ashton jumped but felt relief when seeing it was only a nurse. "Do you want some lunch Luke?" she asked softly.

Luke looked up anxiously and then stared at Ashton who was watching him intently. "I'll wait until Aaron comes back. I might have something then," he suggested.

"Are you hungry now?" Ashton asked, giving his hand a tight squeeze. Luke was shocked that he was being given a choice. Luke nodded lightly. Ashton turned towards the nurse and asked. "Do you have any vegetable soup? He's good at eating that!"

Luke smiled painfully, his body beginning to shake. Once the nurse had left, Ashton turned back to look at Luke who was now significantly paler. "Let me help you, Luke, he's not going to. At least not humanely. I could get us somewhere to stay for a while, Stella would understand—"

Luke began to sob and Ashton gently sat on the bed and pulled him into his chest. "I want to Ashton, I really do. But, I can't leave him."

Ashton sighed. " He's just as sick as you are. The only reason he's helping you now is that he knows he's going to get found out. You're stuck with him until you choose to leave and this is your perfect chance. You have people who are willing to listen to you and help you."

Luke looked up at Ashton sadly, the older boy wiping away tears. "I love you both Ashton. You know I've always loved you, but I can't leave him."

"Why?" Ashton asked calmly. He knew why, he knew Luke was trapped, mentally trapped in thinking that he was making a free choice right now.

"He's done and doing so much for me Ashton. I can't just leave him. And you have Stella—"

"You know I only want you," Ashton interjected, now wanting to bring his fiance into this.

Take My Hand - Lashtonजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें