Chapter Sixty Two

girls dorm

"Lily, you and James-- you're both so bloody in love it makes me want to vomit.", Marlene exclaimed, clutching a pillow to her chest.

"Thank you?", Lily asked, one eyebrow arched. "Can I be your bridesmaid?", Dorcas asked, pushing her glasses up.

"No, me!", Marlene cried, and Mary did the same. "We're not even engaged, guys.", Lily laughed.

"But do you want to be?", Marlene asked slyly. Lily flushed.

"That's a yes, then!", Dorcas crowed, kissing Marlene on the cheek. "Yeah, I guess it is.", Lily said, the tip of her nose slightly pink.

boys dorm

dream

Remus opened his eyes, wincing at the pain in his back. "Why am I in the Shack?", he wondered aloud.

He stood up, and saw Sirius asleep on the ground a few feet away from him. "Lazy git. Come on, we have class.", Remus laughed, moving towards him. Sirius didn't respond.

"SIrius.", Remus shook his head, shaking him. He looked at his hand, as he felt something sticky on it. Blood.

"Sirius, come on. Wake up.", he pleaded again, feeling bile in his throat.

The blood oozed through Sirius' shirt, his body getting colder and colder.

He saw a huge bite mark on Sirius' torso, where his shirt had ridden up. "No.", he gasped, staring at his own hands.

"Remus?", Sirius groaned, his eyes fluttering. "Sirius-- I swear, I didn't mean it, I promise.", Remus begged.

"Stop it! You- you're biting me!", Sirius cried out. "I'm not, Sirius, I didn't mean to, I'm here, see?", Remus cried out.

Sirius did not move.

"No! Sirius-", Remus yelled, in his sleep.

Sirius awoke with a start, next to Remus. Was Remus scared of him?

"Rem, you're having a nightmare. I'm here. I'm right next to you, love.", Sirius said softly. "Sirius.", Remus breathed, his eyes springing open. "I'm here.", Sirius said soothingly, "Tell me about it?".

Remus took a shuddering breath, before starting.

"I- well, the wolf-- bit you. And you-", Remus said, clinging on to Sirius.

He understood now. Remus wasn't scared of him, he was scared of himself.

"It was just a nightmare, I promise.", Sirius soothed.

"I might hurt you.", Remus said, in a strangled voice. Sirius shook his head, "No, you couldn't, Moony.", Sirius reassured. Remus nodded, uncertainly, laying his head back on the pillow. "I love you.", he whispered. "I love you too.", Sirius said, his face breaking into a smile.

library

"Lupin.", Severus snarled. Remus flinched. "Severus, I'm sorry.", he said sincerely, closing his book.

"For all I know, you were in on it too.", Severus said, his voice low.

"I wasn't. I had no idea.", Remus said, fighting to keep his voice calm. Severus snorted. "How does it feel to be betrayed by your own lover?", he spat.

"Cut the act, Snape, I know it was Regulus.", Remus sighed.

Severus blanched. "Why are you even here, wolf?", he asked, saying the last word with a smirk on his face.