Chapter One Hundred Thirty One

Lily reappeared, stumbling, before shouting, "Professor! James is back at the Order-- what about the boys?". A beat passed, "Minnie?"

"I don't see them- Oh my- Get over here, Evans!", she yelled. There was a silence, one that seemed like forever, before Lily ran to the sound her voice, feeling her blood rush through her ears.

She paled, staring at Sirius' feet, buried under the rubble. McGongall waved her wand, lifting the bricks off of him. Lily crouched next to him, checking his pulse. She nodded to McGonagall, letting out a breath, "He's just- just unconscious, he'll be fine."

Sirius' eyes were closed, his chest heaving up and down unevenly. A piece of glass was lodged above his eyebrow, a trickle of blood dripping down his pale skin.

There was a small wound on his head, matting the side of his hair matted with the dried blood. "Sirius.", Lily said, shaking his shoulder, "Sirius, wake up.".

Sirius stirred, blinking tiredly. "What- what happened?", he muttered. He shot up, his eyes wild, "Remus- where's Remus?", he asked, his voice cracking. McGonagall looked at him, not knowing what to say.

"No- he's not- he can't be, no.", Sirius said, a wounded wail coming from his mouth. "No- no, no, we just don't know where he is. We'll find him, I promise.", Lily said instantly.

"Professor, can you take him back?", Lily whispered. "Take me back?- No, no I'm staying.", Sirius protested. "Sirius, please.", Lily said softly, her voice pleading with him. Sirius nodded slowly, "Find him, please.", he said, before disappearing with McGonagall.

order tunnel

Sirius and McGonagall appeared in the Order tunnel, McGonagall immediately apparating back.

He started looking for James, turning around frantically, "James?".

James was nowhere to be found. Panic entered his mind as he looked around, his heart speeding up.

"Where are you?", he asked, struggling through the crowd of people.

"Sirius?". A head with bushy black hair popped up through the crowd, rushing towards him. Sirius wrapped his arms around him, swallowing, "You're okay.", James said thickly, hugging him back.

"Where's Lily and Remus?", he asked, as they broke apart. "Minnie and Red are still looking for him, but they'll find him.", Sirius said, trying to keep his voice steady.

"I can't find my parents.", James said, his voice wobbling, "I don't know where they are."

"They'll be here, James, we'll look for them.", Sirius insisted.

"James? Sirius?", a voice coughed, and the two boys turned to their parents, embracing them

mungos

"Is anyone there?", a faint voice cried, "I need help-"

"REMUS?", Lily yelled, frantically, turning around. "Lily?"

"I'm coming, stay right there!", she yelled, running through the smoke. Remus had managed to pull himself out from under the bricks, the wounds on his cheek bleeding through the bandage.

"Remus, your cheek-"

"I- I know, it hurts, but I need to find Sirius and James-"

"We found them, they're back at the Order."

"They're okay?", Remus asked, his voice trembling. "They're okay- Mary's at the Healers, the baby-", Lily swallowed.

Remus paled, his eyes wide, "I-"