Chapter Forty Seven

The five students were walking through the hallways, Remus leaning on James and Sirius for support. 

"No Fanged Frisbees in the hallway.", Lily said, to two students throwing the frisbee dangerously close to the edge of the staircase. They looked at her, and continued throwing it. 

"Did you not hear her? No Fanged Frisbees.", James said, a little louder. The two students stared at James. "Oh, sorry.", one said sheepishly. 

"Why did you not listen to Lily? She's Head Girl.", James asked. "Well-- she's a-- you know.", the girl said, avoiding eye contact. "A what?", Lily asked. 

The two boys didn't answer. "That's what I thought. It was me that's selected for Head Girl. Not you, who's a pureblood, me, a mudblood.", Lily said defiantly, stalking away, her head held high. 

The four boys followed after her. "You okay, Evans?", James asked softly. "Used to it.", she sighed, smiling tightly. 

"Re, you wanna sleep for a little? You have an hour.", Sirius whispered.

Remus flopped down on the bed, accepting the chocolate bar gratefully. 

"Thanks.", Remus said tiredly, clinging onto Sirius.

Remus was shivering, his teeth chattering. Sirius grabbed a blanket, wrapping it around his shoulders.

After a while, Remus was asleep. "Did you see the paper?", Lily whispered, making sure Remus was asleep.

"Yeah. Hid it.", Sirius muttered. "I didn't.", Peter said, his eyes wide.

James dragged Peter to the other side.

"Voldemort-- he's recruiting werewolves. By force and those who come willingly, it's a potion. You never knows, but it messes with their minds.", James whispered.

"Remus wouldn't.", Peter said, shaking. "Of course he wouldn't, Pete, but he'd think he was a risk.", James scoffed.

"Mum?", Remus whimpered. "It's Pads, Moony.", Sirius whispered, bending down.

"I don't want to go.", Remus whispered, "It's not fair.".

Remus let out a gasp, covering his mouth. "That-- that was so selfish.", he flushed. Lily shook her head forcefully. "You're right, Remus, it's not fair.", she said. 

                                                                 **in the shack**

"Lils, you should probably leave.", James said apologetically. Lily nodded, standing up. "Be careful, alright?", she asked, kissing the top of James' head. 

"You are so whipped.", Sirius snorted, as Lily left the Shack. James glared at him. "Like you aren't?", he smirked. "Me? Sirius Black, whipped? I never.", Sirius said, bringing his hand to his chest. 

James looked at Remus, who snorted. "Pads?", he called. Sirius turned his head around. "Need anything, Moons?", he asked, standing up. 

James, Peter, and Remus stared at Sirius. "Alright, maybe I am whipped.", Sirius grumbled, flicking his hair out of his face.

"I think it's time.", Remus frowned, picking himself up as he moved to the other side of the room. 

James and Peter transformed, but Sirius didn't. He watched as the wolf took over him. 

"Sirius--turn, NOW.", James' forceful voice transported him into reality as he blurred into Padfoot.

                                                       **hogwarts corridors**