Chapter One Hundred Ten

one hour later

Remus curled up with a book, his eyes practically devouring the pages. "What are you reading?", Sirius smiled softly.

"Moby Dick.", Remus said, rolling his eyes playfully as he knew what Sirius would say. "Moby what?", Sirius grinned, his eyes twinkling.

"Idiot.", Remus shot back. He stared at him, with such love in his eyes, a fond smile on his face.

"Can I tell you something?", Sirius asked quietly, as Remus closed his book. "Anything.", Remus promised.

"If- if Walburga came up to me and told me she loved me, that she truly cared for me, I- I don't know if I would be able to tell her to leave.", he swallowed, "I don't think I have it in me, and I hate myself for it. Every day, I try to imagine myself telling her to leave me when she says it, but I can't. I fucking hate myself for doing that.".

Sirius choked on a sob, wiping at his eyes. "Come here, Pads.", Remus whispered, pulling Sirius into a hug, rubbing circles into his back. "I believe you have it in you.", he said quietly, whispering into his ear, "And if you can't, I'll do it for you. You're never going back to that- that hellhole.", he promised.

"Thank you.", Sirius breathed, "Thank you, thank you.". "Of course.", Remus smiled, kissing the top of his head.

Remus noticed him staring, and reddened. "What?", he laughed. "You're so pretty.", Sirius said softly, kissing the tip of his nose. "Stop it.", Remus chuckled.

"I FANCY REMUS!", Sirius yelled, cupping his hands near his mouth. "Bloody idiot.", Remus grinned. "I FANCY REMUS LUPIN!", he yelled again.

"Really? I couldn't tell.", Peter said drily. James grinned at them, pushing his hair back. "I FANCY SIRIUS BLACK.", Remus obliged, rolling his eyes playfully.

"Didja hear that, Potter? Remus fancies me!", Sirius said, swooning. "I didn't know you were gay.", Lily played along, mock gasping. "I think I could pass as straight.", Sirius contemplated.

"Mhm, sure.", Remus snorted.

"I'll have you know I have snogged multiple girls."

"Yeah? Like Marlene?", James laughed. "Not just her.", Sirius pouted. "I think Remus snogged more girls than you.", Lily noted.

"Mhm, had some girlfriends you don't know about.", Remus winked. "What? Who? When?", Sirius said, alert.

"Jealous?", Remus smirked. "Very.", Sirius shot back. "You're the only one for me, Pads.", Remus grinned.

"I'm glad the full moon is before Halloween this year. We should dress up if we don't have missions.", Remus suggested.

"Yeah, it's on Halloween in 1981 though.", Sirius frowned.

"And Valentine's Day next year.", Peter nodded.

"My birthday in 1983.", James said quietly.

"And yours in 1985.", Lily nodded.

"You remember?", Remus swallowed. "Course we do. We have them tracked for the next fifteen years.", Sirius grinned, pressing a kiss to his cheek.

"We should leave the lovebirds alone.", Peter snorted.

"Yeah, I'll probably go to sleep.", Lily said tiredly, closing her eyes. "If Snape decides to come back, he will be leaving without his balls.", Sirius said, waiting for Lily to nod so he could hug her.

Sirius leaned against Remus, yawning, "I fancy you.", he whispered.

"I fancy you, too.", Remus smiled, wondering how he got so lucky.