Chapter Eleven

A/N: thank you for 110 reads! please comment and vote! i forgot to mention, this fic is kinda slowburn? we all love some slowburn angst-y wolfstar :) enjoy this chapter!

After all the commotion had died down, Chloe walked towards the table waving shyly to Remus. 

Chloe was a short, Hufflepuff girl, with long black hair that cascaded just past her shoulders, with grey eyes.

 "Hi, Remus.", she said pecking him on the cheek. Sirius looked away, clearing his throat loudly,"Er, I'm going to go for a walk on the grounds until it's time for Charms. Anyone want to join?". 

Remus furrowed his brow, "I can come-", Chloe cut him off abruptly. "I rarely get to see you.", she said, pouting. 

Remus gave in, smiling. 

"We'll go with you.", Lily said, grabbing James by the arm. "Peter?", James asked, tapping the other boy. Peter was talking to Mary McKinnon, and waved James off.  

"Just the three of us then.", Lily said, dragging the other two boys outside. 

"Sirius! Remus' name faded away!", Lily said, just now realizing. 

"Yeah, must be only for a few hours.", Sirius said, full of relief. 

"Why was Remus' name on you, anyways?", James asked curiously. "No reason, you nosy git!", Sirius said, shoving James playfully. 

"Chloe reminds me a lot of you, Sirius.", Lily said pointedly. 

"Lily! LILY!", a voice behind them called. Lily turned around to see Severus running towards her. "What do you need, Sev-Severus?", Lily asked, looking bored. 

"Lily, I'm so sorry about this morning. Please let me talk to you privately for a few minutes.", he begged. 

"Okay, let's go over to the lake.", Lily sighed. "Lily, are you sure?", James asked. Lily nodded, walking away from them. 

"If he tries anything, I will hex his nose off.", James said, with his wand in his hands.

"What is so important?", Lily asked, pulling her long red hair into a ponytail. Severus hesitated, then pulled his sleeve up. 

"I got you, Lily.", he said, smiling up at her. 

"Oh, Sev, I'm sorry.", Lily said. Snape's heart sunk. "You don't have me. That's okay.", he said. 

"No, I do have you. But I don't have feelings for you like that, I'm sorry.", she said. 

Severus stared at her, looking in her mind. He saw flashes of her and Potter holding hands . 

"You're seeing Potter, aren't you?", Severus spat maliciously. "I told you not to look in my mind before!", Lily said angrily. 

"Lily, please, give me a chance!", he begged. 

"No means no, Sev, I'm sorry.", Lily said, turning around, ready to walk away. 

"Please, Lily, I promise I will love you. Always.", he said. "Stop acting like a creep, Severus.", Lily sighed. 

James and Sirius were watching, ready with their wands. 

There was a loud splash and a scream. "Lily!", James yelled, Sirius following after him. Lily was splashing and sputtering in the lake. Snape was nowhere to be seen. 

Without hesitation, James dove in after her. He picked her up and walked out of the Lake. 

"I can't swim.", Lily said sheepishly, shivering. Sirius gave Lily his jacket, and dried her off with his wand. 

"You okay, Evans?", James asked, "What did Snivellus do?", Sirius asked. 

"You have to promise not to go and hex him.", Lily said. "That depends.", James frowned. "He.. has me as his soulmate.", Lily sighed. 

"You said no, right, Evans?", James asked. 

"No, Potter. I said yes, and that's why he pushed me into a lake.", Lily said, rolling her eyes. 

"He pushed you, Lily, I have to hex him.", James asked, looking around for Severus. 

"James.", Lily said, "I'm fine, lets go to class.".