Chapter Thirteen

A/N: Thank you for 132 reads! Please comment and vote!

Sirius didn't fall asleep for a long time. He heard quiet whimpering from Remus' bed. 

He got up, walking towards his bed. "Moony?", he whispered.

Remus let out a quiet sob, tears pouring down his cheek. Sirius knew it was bad, because Remus never let it show that he was hurting the day of a full moon. 

"I'm going to take you to Madame Pomfrey.", Sirius said firmly. 

"M'fine.", Remus said, wincing in pain. 

"Remus, please.", Sirius pleaded. "I'll get Prongs and Worm.". 

"Don't bother them.", Remus whispered softly. 

Sirius sat down next to Remus, holding his hand. "Where does it hurt?", Sirius asked 

"My back.", Remus croaked. Sirius laid a hand on Remus' back, rubbing circles into it. Remus unclenched his palms, his knuckles turning back to their regular color. 

James stretched as he woke up, looking at Sirius and Remus confusedly.

"Bad moon.", Sirius explained. 

"Let's get him to the hospital wing.", Peter said, also awake. 

"I don't-- Don't need it..", Remus whispered. 

"He's burning up.", Peter said concernedly. 

Remus curled up against Sirius, shivering. Remus closed his eyes, wishing the pain would go away. 

The other three boys stayed by Remus' bedside the whole night, making sure he was okay. Remus had fallen asleep. The sun was rising, casting light over the dorm.

Sirius opened and closed his heavy eyes. Remus was shivering, even in his sleep. He opened his eyes, letting out a cough. 

"Remus?", Sirius asked, touching the other boy. Remus let out another cough, and Sirius blanched when he saw the red splatters on the pillowcase. 

"Oh my god-- James, he coughed out blood. I'm getting Pomfrey, I don't think we should move him.", Sirius yelled, jumping out and throwing the door open. 

a few minutes later

"I've seen this before, this can happen when his airway is blocked before the full moon.", Pomfrey explained, rushed. 

She pulled out a bottle from her robes, handing it to Sirius. 

"You boys can be excused from class, and let Mr. Lupin rest, this moon is not going to be a good one. Give this to him every hour.". 

The boys nodded silently, as Pomfrey left, closing the door quietly. 

Sirius opened the potion, as James helped Remus sit up. Sirius tilted the bottle, pouting some into his mouth. Remus thanked Sirius with his eyes, smiling at him tiredly.