Chapter Five

My crusty eyes peel open, my eyes flinching away from the brightness of a side lamp, my head spins making me feel sick. A steady beat fills the room, my heart beat, the oxygen on my face floods me. Im laying completly down so that must be bad. Where am I? A hospital? But why? 

My shakey hand rises pressing the nurses button, I want out of here and now, I hate hosptials, I cant stand them, I want out right now. I let my hand fall and my heart beat picks up slightly, I want this to be over. I have to get out of here, I watched my mother die in a hosptial, I got the news Jacob was dead in a hospital I cant take this! "Help!" I croak loudly pressing the button more frantically, moments later a nurse comes strolling in with a small irritated smile on her chocoalte skin. 

"Good morning Mrs. Ericson good to see you up." She comes over writing things onto her chart, checking my heart rate receipt, my oxygen levels, and blood sugar. "What seems to be the problem?"

"Why am I here?" I wheeze turning watching her inject something into my IV. "Whats that?"

"You were in a car accident, and this is to help you relax."  

"Oh my God are my boys okay?" I panic sitting up more, they were fighting thats the last thing I remember, she pushes me back down. "Dont touch me!" I snap moving away, I dont want anyone touching me, I want my kids, I want my family right now!

"They are home, youve been in a coma for fifteen days." She says carelessly, I dont like her bedside manners. 

"I want a new nurse." I grumble, shes not as nice as I would like, shes showing me shes tired and she would rather be sleeping. She looks kind of hurt but nods leaving, I scoff crossing my arms. I dont care if I was rude, I just learned I was in a coma then you are rude to me thanks I feel so loved! I pick up the table side phone and dial Slades number.

"Hello this is Slade?" I can hear the boys whispering in the backround which makes tears spring into my eyes.

"Hi baby." I choke up, my voice slightly muffled from the oxygen mask. The phone clatters to the floor and I hear Slade ushering the boys out and the front door slamming. "Yeah im fine how are you too?" I chuckle hanging up the phone and laying back turning on the TV my body feels exhausted. All I feel like doing is dieing, my body aches and I want it to stop.

In minutes my hospital door is slammed open and Slade, and all my boys come rushing in to my side, Deklan and Carson come in first blabbering and yelling practically. "Guys guys I can hear you just not all at once, one at a time please." My voice comes out in a croak and I couch whincing trying not to pop any stitches. 

"Mom Im so sorry for everything! I never should have been doing that while you were driving Im so sorry this is all my fault!" Deklan hugs her crying, I weakly rub his back whispering to him.

"Its not your fault, someone rammed into me, are they okay?" I ask them and they all nod, Finney gets on the bed next to me hugging me.

"I got an A in science! It was so cool grandma helped me with it." He pulls back and fixes his shirt, and my gown. "You so pretty mom."

"Thank you Finney and Im so proud of you, Im sorry I wasnt there to help you with your project I feel so horrible about that."

"No dont worry about it, I had fun with it, grandma is really smart with that stuff, we went to papas grave yesterday too, all of us." He takes my hand and strokes it softly. "What was papa like?" 

"He was such a great man, he helped your dad and I when we dated, got pregnant with Deklan, helped with the wedding and searching for me. He was a hero."

"Trella." Slade hates it when I use that word about his parents, he doesnt want the boys to get their hopes up and try to be like them or something.

"Its true Slade, your father was a hero, he was the father I never had." Slade comes over to me hugging me and kissing my head. 

"Hes no hero." He whispers in my ear, I sigh and shake my head. 

"Slade. Sometimes they should actually learn good things about them."

"I dont want to talk about this right now, its nothing we need to disguss, lets just focus on getting you better and going home." He pulls up and I smile giving all the boys smiles. 

"I love you guys so much your my mammas boys arent cha?" 

"Yes!" They all say and come in giving me a group hug, oh how I love these the best thing I can have to heal. 

"Im sorry mom." Carson says on my chest.

"I dont want to hear one more Im sorry you boys did nothing, if its anoyones fault its mine for not paying attention and putting you boys in harms way, now Slade get me the discharge papers I want to go home like now." The boys pull off of me and look at Slade hopeful.

"You might need to stay her a few weeks."

"That is not what I want to hear, I want out right now, your a doctor you can help me when your home to make sure nothing gets infected I dont want to stay here a moment longer." I rub my eyes getting alittle drowsy but I fight it, I want to stay with my family and make sure they are okay. 

"Ill see what I can do, I will come back later okay? Right now you need rest." He bends down kissing me, I cup his face with one hand kissing him back before letting go and smile.

"Alright, I love you boys, I love you Slade." I smile and hug all the boys before they all leave, letting me be here alone to get some well needed sleep.

______________________________________

I am so so sorry its been forever!! So busy!! Please COMMENT and vote!! Tell me your suggestions or ideas! I love you all!!! Thank you all for the support! If you have any questions that you need answered then message me if you like see you guys later! And if you want to see the boys go back to chapter one to see them, and see what they look like their photos are up.