Chapter Twenty Seven

(This chapter is also edited.)

Last night I couldnt sleep, my mind was racing too much about the baby and its health. Wondering what this gender is going to be, what Im going to do about Deklans child. I just dont know any of these answers to the questions Im creating in my mind. All I can think about is Livies brother.  He is a spitting image of Jacob, and I think that Slade has started to catch on. 

Leaving that conversation I draw designs on my stomach thinking about my angel  sent from heaven, our baby is perfectly fine, our baby is so healthy and progressing nicely.

 "Trella?" Slade whispers coming down the steps, his hair is discheveled, he comes over to me only in his boxers, his dad body is still there but also his young teenage body screams through his v line. "Why are you up?" He comes laying down beside me resting his palm against my stomach. 

"Just thinking, about our baby, about Livies brother." His weight shifts so his head gently rests on my stomach playing with the hem of my shirt.  Since Ive had so many children my belly is starting to show, not enough to make me look pregnant just enough to make me look chubby. 

"Oh yeah? What about those things?" 

"Do you think Livies brother looks like Jacob?" Running my fingers through his salt and pepered brown hair. 

"I mean he has similar features but I dont feel like he looks like him. Why? Is that why youre really awake?" He sprinkles my belly with soft gentle kisses, humming happily to myself. With each one of our children he has always loved kissing my belly, making sure I knew and our child knew they were instantly and always loved and welcomed. 

Letting out a thick and heavy sigh I nod, nibbling my thumb nail tugging at it slightly. "I know there isnt anything for me to do. Its late dont you have work tomorrow?" His big blue eyes look up at me with a pouty look. 

"No, I got a few more days of my leave. One quick thing before I take you back upstairs. I was thinking, for this baby I would like to deliver it. Just you and me be in the house alone while I deliver this one?" 

"Of course you can. Why would I ever say no?" A devilish grin appears on his handsome face scooping me up easilly in his arms. A childish squeal escapes my lips, sixteen years of marriage and I still love this man as if its the first day of marriage. 

"I hope you have the same thing in mind as I do?" He laughs rushing up the stairs both of us laughing, he locks the door behind himself. I love being married to him.

~*~*~^~*~*~

There is a small knock on my door when it opens. Vanessa emerges watching Slade sleep naked next to me, it doesnt bother her in the slightest and comes over to me. "Im sorry I know this is the last thing you want to know and hear about but...the center isn't doing so well." I sigh shaking my head. 

"What is there that I can do?" This isnt the best thing I would like to wake up to, my best friend walking into my room while my husband and I are naked. "How did you get in here anyways?" She smirks avoiding my question holding up a small key in her hand. 

"We just aren't pulling in enough money, we need to lay off some of the workers." Her eyes wander down, and I know she's talking about Deklan. Well she transfers emotions quickly. I shake my head ldraping my arm over my face stressed. "Im sorry I just dont know what to do?"

"Well its about time I sign over the clinic to you, so you can make all the choices. I just cant handle the clinic any more, Im too stressed out.  Plus I plan on being a stay at home mother once this baby is born." I take the papers from her hands and just sign over the clinic to her. Her eyes stare at me like Im insane, her mouth is open, brows furrowed. 

"Are you insane! This is your clinic! We work it together!" I cover her mouth so she doesn't wake up snoring Slade. 

"I cant do it anymore, its about time I start handing over things so no one is arguing about it later on."

"If you are referring to yourself as dying then you have lost your mind! You are not going to die! " She snorts rolling her eyes at me. 

"Im sorry, but this is bitter sweet for me. I love you Vanessa and I love my clinic." I rub my face trying to hold back tears of sadness and joy. 

"We run a grief recovery program. You need a taste of your own medicine." I chuckle softly rubbing Slades back, Billy jumps up and goes cuddling Slade soon sleeping. I pull out my phone while she is talking to me and quickly take a picture of those two. To savor everything I possibly can. "Are you even listening to me?" 

"Not really, I've started zoning out." I say truthfully putting my phone back on the night stand and look at my best friend in the entire world and smile at her. 

"I was saying that in a few months is your high school reunion okay? You are going because you are giving the speech." 

"What? Are you kidding me? I didn't even graduate there!" I whisper yell a little frustrated, I cant worry about my life then worry about going to a reunion. 

"Yeah I'm serious!" She laughs at me while I mentally roll on the ground screaming and thrashing. I dramatically lay down making myself comfortable ripping the covers over my body. "What are you doing?" She chuckles at me while I pout. 

"I am sleeping! Cause maybe I am dreaming that I don't have to go! Plus Im naked I dont need you seeing my nips."

"You cant sleep away this reunion. It is happening and you are going! Plus youve seen my winky and Ive seen yours many time." Having children has made our minds automatically sift to G rating, it sucks but sometimes its fun to figure out morse code between our different parenting groups.  

"No no no! Now be quiet! If you want to sleep here too there is plenty of room." I pout letting her just laugh at me, she just rolls her eyes at me. 

"Thats disgusting this is not a three way!" She snorts leaving the room locking the door behind her. This will be good for us, I can stay here and enjoy my family and my husband. I dont have to worry about calling time in when certain days I dont feel like hauling my butt out of bed and going to work. I can just enjoy my pregnancy.

____________________________

Sorry its been forever since I last updated! Please more comments! I am very sad I am no longer #1 in the category but thats okay!!! Please comment and vote!!! I love you all!