Chapter Four

Third Person POV
As the ambulance rush them into the hospital Deklan and Carson were calling for their unconscious and bleeding mother. "Someone page Doctor Ericson!" A nurse calls out to a by standing nurse, they don't hesitate paging him rushing him quickly into the ER.

"Is my mom okay?" Deklan asks the nurse, his head firm in a neck brace.

"We're checking her out now just relax and tell me where it hurts?" The doctors do thorough exams on the boys while Doctor Ericson comes rushing in, sweat on his brow.

"What happened?! What is their reports?" He says snatching their charts scanning them over, his eyes filled with desperation.

"You can't be on their case you need to be their support." The chief of surgery says firmly. Slade did not like that idea at all, he rushes to his sons side, he knows that Trella wants him to always go to the children before her, he respects it checking on the boys.

"Dad is mom going to be okay?" Carlson whimpers, blood trickles down his face, glass shards stuck around his left eye. Slade has never been in this situation, three members of his family hurt all at once.

"She is so strong she will pull through it dont worry." He isnt convinced by his own wavering words, his hand shakes and he gently takes his hand. "You will be okay too, so will your brother, I will be right back I promise." He steps into the next room to Deklan, who isnt quite as bad, some scrapes and bruises, his right arm is broken, putting him out of football this season.

"Dad! Its all my fault the crash is all my fault! Im so sorry she has to be okay!" Deklan starts crying the moment his father steps inside his room, but all Slade does is hug him tightly crying himself, Slades prize possetions have been hurt just moments after they were together now that could all change. "Its my fault." He sobs into his dads strong shoulder shaking himself.

"This isn't your fault it's not." He tries to reassure his son but now you can't be reassured. It's a stressful time and the entire family doesn't even know. "I'm going to call the other boys schools." Deklan nods while Slade exits the room to make the calls.

"She's losing blood we need to get her up in the OR." The on-call doctor yells to his staff, a herd of doctors and nurses rush Trella towards the OR, blood trickling on the too sterile tile ground. A trail of her blood follows her lifeless body into the elivator to the operating room, a race to save her life.

"Dad!" Finn calls running into the ER into his dads arms, despite the long hours in his operating room he lifts him up holding him tightly. He needs comfort from his kids, if this is the last time he sees her he needs the love and support from his children. After sixteen years of being married, and sucsessful too there is a possibility the love of his life could leave and be gone in an instant.

"Will she be okay?" Gale asks rushing over to his dad as well, Tammi and Millie rush over to them quickly.

"What happened?"

"They were in an accident, shes in surgery now." Slade finally breaks, his wife is in surgery, he loves her too much to be able to let her go.

"She will be okay let's sit you down." Tammi says sitting her son down, over the years shes gotten to accept him, not discard him, hold back the feelings for him, she never liked him but now she does, and hes her favorite child.

"I cant lose her, I just cant, shes my everything."

"I know son, she will be fine, now Ill call the church and have people pray for your family." She leaves the room for a moment to make some phone calls. Slade doesnt care, his head in his hands, his sons on both sides of him, he doesnt beleive in god, after things have happened in his life, his dad dieing, Trella almost being murdered, everything happening to her and his father, he doesnt beleive in a God. 

"Did you see mom?" Little Finn asks fiddling with his fingers, his head is down not wanting to look up and face his worst fears that his mother may never come back.

"No, I saw your brothers though, they are okay." Slades beeper goes off, he hesitantly grabs it and goes to a phone to call the number.

"We heard about the accident, your off the case." His boss almost orders, he knows Slade and he will try anything to get back on, but even if it means losing the safety to him and his patients. 

"Im fine sir."

"No Slade you know protocol you are not alowed back in that OR." Slade feels like dyeing, he loves the OR he can keep a clear mind, but out here, at the other end not knowing is killing him, he needs to see her, know how shes doing. 

"How is my wife doing?" He hesitates a moment, Slade knows there is something wrong and he snaps. "What?"

"Im not in the OR I cant give you that information its not my place."

"Why dont you kill me why dont you with the freaking suspence!! Tell me what happened?" His boss sighs at the other end of the phone.

"Her heart stopped, he has glass shards impailed in her heart, the car hit her side, thats why your sons didnt get so hurt. She has a collapsed lung, metal shards in her left side, and her head is banged up good, there is a twenty percent chance survival."

"Twenty percent?" Slade almost colapses to his feet, hes worked on many patients with a twenty percent chance and none of them has survived, its like saying they are as good as dead. "No..." I cry hanging up the phone, Trella! 

__________________________________________

Sorry it was a sucky chapter, never done third person before, please COMMENT and vote!!!!