Chapter Six

"Trella for the last time you need to lay down, you are going to pop your stitches." Slade grabs my arms gently trying to take me to bed.

"Slade for the last time if you tell me to lay down one more time I will pop your stitches." I snap, but he just stares at me confused. 

"I dont have stitches."

"Yeah after you tell me again Ill beat you so hard youll need stitches, then Ill pop them, how do you like me now?" I gently shake him off, hunching over I walk to the kitchen to make breakfast for the boys. My mother instincts are just taking over like crazy, I always have to take care of my boys and give them the best breakfast they need. "Boys its time for breakfast!" I call up to them weakly while I make their crepes and egg white omlets. Slade wraps his arms around my waist weakly kissing my neck lightly. I smile while I make the food, all of them pile in, their sluggish feet trump into the room making Slade and I part slightly.

"Mom why are you up? You should be resting." Gale says worriedly, the small doctor like his father he is.

"You guys I am fine okay? Everyone relax, Im making breakfast and lunches for you boys so breathe okay? I didnt die." I chuckle weakly dishing food out for everyone, my head throbs and so do my stitches. I shake it off still cooking and go giving them their foods while I make their lunches. Soon a bunch of bodies are huddled around me hugging me softly, their warmth shooting to my body. 

"We love you mom." They all say at once, in the different pitches of their voice, thats when I realize Im not done having kids, I want just one more. I turn to Slade and give him a small smile pecking his lips. 

"Love you guys, you are my world." I kiss all their different sized heads, I love my boys so much, I dont know what Id do without them. 

"Love you too mamma." Finn says towards my legs and hips smiling up at me, I never would have imagined sixteen years ago to have four boys, Slade as a doctor, and me as a greif councilor. I have so many things going for me, after all the darkness I found the light and I expanded it. 

"You guys need to eat and get off to school." I smile at them and they take another moment to hug me before parting and going to eat. Slade on the other hand takes me to the side holding my hips in his hands. 

"I saw that smile, what were you smiling about?"

"Your wife cant be happy?" I ask tilting my head jokingly pecking his lips. 

"You can, and you always are, I love you." He kisses me before parting. "Im going to be working late tonight, small intestine surgery today." I smile and nod, my husband saves lives, I stroke his face cupping it. 

"I love you my super hero now go eat and get to work save lives." I smile smacking his butt and walking off to finish doing things I had started. My mind keeps racing, Im not done having kids, my family isnt complete. I just want one more, and I swore after Finn I was finished. That pregnancy was aweful, I had preaclampsia, I had to stay on bedrest, then freaking in labor I cant make it to the car! Gosh, if Slade does want another baby, I hope I do make it to the hospital in time. "Slade." I cant hold it in any longer, I thought I could wait to ask but I just want to tell him!

His look is quizical and kind of flustered, I made my waffles and he loves those, he stands coming to me holding my hands, I pull us to the side while the boys rush off to school. "Love you guys be safe!" I call kissing their heads while they leave until we are all alone. "I want another baby." I bite my lip looking deep into his eyes, this is all I want, just one more. "Please, were not a complete family yet I just want one more baby."

"What about with Finn? That was dangerous!" His eyes widen and he panics, this wasnt a good idea, the idea crashes to the ground smithering to dust. "I dont think we can have another, Im getting promoted to cheif baby, I wont be home enough for our baby." My eyes widen dropping my hands. 

"Your being promoted to cheif? When did you learn this?" 

"Three months ago." He looks at me like hes completly fine and that wasnt wrong. 

"I know you have been begging for that job since you got in, but you got in three months ago and you didnt tell me?"

"I thought since we have settled down and now that Finn is in school it was fine!" He raises his voice slightly, this isnt okay he cant just do something without telling me.

"Were a team Slade! You should have told me, but its fine, its clear we are done with having kids, sorry for the quesiton it was a waist of your precious time." I walk up the stairs going into my room closing the door, it was just a question now were fighting, he doesnt even need me, hes makking all these decisions himself.

"Trella please dont be this way, I dont want to go to work knowing your mad." He comes in his hand running through his perfect hair. 

"Too late Im pissed, not mad. But whatever you can make the decisions you want since your the alpha." I grumble cleaning my wounds. His heavy steps come close to me checking them out making sure they are fine. 

"I was thinking the same thing. I do want another, but just not now, were still pretty young we can wait a few years for a baby." 

"I dont want to be forty and have a baby Slade!" I shout frustrated, he doesnt get it, I have baby fever, when I was close to death when my dad stabbed me thats what went through my mind, I want five kids I only have four.

"Then were not having one! Money is too tight for a baby! My mother is being forclosed on the house, we have no money anymore! We cant afford a thousand dollars a month on a baby right now!" He shouts back and I just roll over, Ive heard this lecture since I told him I was pregnant with Finn. 

"I dont buy it, go to work Im done with this conversation." I grumble closing my eyes, a tear falling. I feel the movements as if he throws his hands up in the air storming out slamming the doors on his way out. Im perfectly fit for having four boys, Im thirty four years old I can have another baby! But hes made it clear were done, everything is up to him. Im just his pon on his chess board.

_______________________________________

Im so sorry its been so long! So hectic over here, I went on my first date yay! I got into cosmetology school on a scolarship for cheap! I start on the 24 of this month so things are going to be even more tight, fourty hours a week so I wont be able to update much. But I will try! Well enough of me please COMMENT and vote! Thanks for all the votes ive been receiving! Its amazing I love you all!!!!!