Chapter Eighteen

Getting the boys off to school wasn't an easy task. Deklan hasn't spoken a word or looked at me or even in my direction. Most of the time he is off with Livie so he is rarely home. I dont know how to do this without Slade, he is more of the disciplinary than I am. 

Serving up breakfast Carson soon hugs me tightly, I stare at him in shock while he just hugs me. "Im happy were having another sibling, and your doing a good job mom." Those words make my heart burst. "I love you."

"I love you too Carson." Hugs him too kissing his head, my kids are so strong no matter what, Deklan is just going through things, everything will be okay. The smell of their juice snaps me out of my senses making me rush to the bathroom. My stomach clenches and turns violently, rushing to the toilet I vomit profusely into the bowl holding my stomach. My three boys run to the bathroom as well following me with urgency in their posture. 

"Mom are you okay?!" They scream worriedly, oh how I love my sons so dearly. They are so much like Slade and its hurting me so much that he isnt here with me. Its been weeks since I last saw him. He wanted no visitors and that kills me inside. All I want is to see him, know hes safe and alive. Without being able to see him daily it makes me stress to no end. 

"Y-yes. Just go to the bus stop. I love you boys be safe." I groan vomiting more into the toilet." 

"But shouldn't we stay home and help you?" Gale asks pushing his false glasses up his nose. "Isnt this morning sickness mom?" Since when did he know about this kind of thing? 

"No my boys, just go go school before you are late, Ill be okay I promise." I kiss their heads good bye. All of them grumble as they leave eating their food out the door. My head spins and whirls, my stomach still aching and turning. Maybe I should just lay down and go to sleep. 

Laying down on the cold floor my head spinning even more. "Oh god." I whimper holding my stomach. "Slade..." I whimper my vision blurring just as a figure comes running in, my world collapses around me going dark. 

Slade POV

After the judge finally was reasonable and got his head out of his ass they sent me home. All my charges dropped and a heavy weight was lifted off of my shoulders. A month in that hell hole and ever single day of being beat has really changed me. 

Calling a cab with the small amount of money I saved from doing work inside the jail I make my way home. Every two minutes I ask the driver for the time. "Whats the time now?" I ask fiddling with my fingers. Im so anxious to see my kids and my beautiful wife. 

"Sir it is 8:09. Is there someplace you need to be asap?" 

"No Im sorry." I look out of the window anxiously just wanting to be home so badly.  

"Well we are here and its now 8:11 in the morning." He parks in the driveway, I pay him all I have and book it inside just as I see Trella, pale, sweating, and vomit dripping down her chin collapsed on the bathroom floor. I run to her side just as her eyes close. 

"Trella!" I yell feeling her pulse, its very weak. She has a low blood sugar, scooping her up in my arms I rush her into the kitchen laying her on the island. My body is shaking with anxiety trying to make sure her and our child are safe. 

Rummaging through the fridge finding frosting, I grab some on my finger and smear it under her lip waiting for it to work. My focus is mainly on her, everything else in the kitchen is my blind spot. Watching her with such intense focus. This is just what I wanted to  come home to is my wife ill. No matter what seeing her in this state is horrifying, it crushes my heart. 

Hearing her groan sends relief flooding through me. I scoop her up in my arms holding her to me tightly. "Trella are you alright?" I cradle her to my body rocking her gently. Her hand trails to my chest holding it, her eyes still closed as she whimpers.