Chapter Fifteen

Cold chills of fear ripple through my body, paralyzed with fear. His voice. His evil demonic voice just inches from me, his hands touching me confirming this nightmare is real.
My eyes slowly fluttering open staring into his hardened evil ones starting to shake with fear. The fear of my families life floods over me. "Aren't you going to welcome your father home?" His voice hisses to me, my body is to numb to even think, I don't even know if I'm breathing my body so still beyond belief. His cold firm hand connects with my cheek in one powerful move. The sound of skin to skin echo through the house forcing me to the ground with the impact. "I'm talking to you bitch!" His deep and hardened voice growls at me causing me to whimper. Pounding down the stairs comes Slade with his hand gun pointing it at my father with a murderous look in his eyes.
Loud pops go off, at such a close proximity and indoors my ears ring. POP! POP! POP! POP!
I cover my ears blood splattering onto my face watching my abuser crumple to the ground.
POP!
The gunshots don't stop, turning my face to Slade his eyes look darkened and too far gone. His eye brows are furrowed and his lips pursed in such a tight line they are white at the slit.
POP!
Scooting over behind Slade he empties his chamber on his still and bleeding body, there is so much blood no one would be able to tell where any entry wounds were or how many shots did go off.
His warm comforting arms wrap around me tightly holding me close to him. He cups my face wiping away the blood with his thumbs. His eyes now soft and loving with a hint of relief. The man that hurt me and nearly killed me is finally gone! I don't have to worry about him anymore!
"You're safe." Slade whispers in my ears and I can't help but sob with relief. Such a burden is lifted!
The door busts open and the FBI bust in guns ready screaming at us. "On the floor now!!" The scream with such intensity, Slade and I drop to the floor while two hold us at gun point and the rest investigate the house and my father.
"Slade and Trella you are under arrest for the murder of Fredric (sorry guys I can't remember what I named the dad and forgot the last name) anything you can and say will be used against you in the court of law, you will issued a court appointed lawyer." They rip us both up from the ground with so much force making me cry out, they shove us so hard towards the cars I can hardly find my next step.
"Slade!" I call to him frantically as the separate us.
"Trella don't say anything! I love you!" They shove us into cars and were driven away.
"Why is this happening? We didn't do anything!" I wiggle in my cuffs, the metal ice cold and restricting me. They give no response and just keep driving.
Once we get to the jail they shove me inside harshly heading to the check-in. The FBI shove me onto the wall doing a harsh pay down before unlocking my cuffs and hand me a pile of clothes, and tissue paper.
I give my everything they ask cooperating with them.
"Are you pregnant Trella?" They lady does not look amused to be here, just as much as I am.
"Yes I am." I mutter. She reaches over pushing a button to a walkie.
"Cell block 9." She turns to me with blankets of eyes as if she's working at the DMV. "Enjoy your stay." I'm dragged into the cell block women giving me dirty glares and spitting at my feet or in my face as we walk. The only thing is all of these women are pregnant.
"Whore."
"White trash."
"Imma kill you."
Those words are hissed in my ear making me flinch just wanting to go home, this is terrifying I can't be in jail!!
I'm escorted to a small room and the officers leave me to five other heavilly pregnant women, all scowling, spitting, and hissing at me. I don't belong here, I'm not going to survive.
"Fresh meat." One woman stands maybe 5'9 or 5'10 but all I know she is much taller and larger than I am. Her large hands grab me shoving me onto my cot hard, my hands immediatly rush to protect my stomach. "You're such a skank!" I just stay silent not trying to threaten her or make anyone else come after me I just need to get through an hour and I'll be okay.
Hours pass and no officer has changed me to my rescue to let me go home. I don't belong here, these women are so scary, internally I've been crying since I got here but I can't show them I'm weak.
"Ericson! You've got a visitor, arms through the slot." turning around facing away from the door I push my hands through the small opening in the freezing metal doors, thinking over and over I wonder who on earth is visiting me. I've lost all home in getting out of here anytime soon.
Walking down the long halls I avoid all eye contact with anyone, going into the small room with thick glass and small booths with phones. He guides me harshly as if I'm resisting to the chair shoving me down in it forcing my face onto the counter as he takes off my cuffs. "You have five minutes, all phone calls will be recorded." Looking on the other side I see Vanessa, her eyes puffy and red already holding the phone to her ear ushering me to answer it.
Quickly picking up the phone I scoot my chair up closer desperate to talk with her. "Oh my God Vanessa it's so good to see you!" I blurt holding my hand on the glass, her hand pushes to mine.
"I know! I just got the call you and Slade got arrested and rushed here ASAP!"
"I don't know why! They said we murdered my dad but we didn't! He was in the house!" An officer clears his throat.
"You can't talk about that ma'am." Sighs defeated turning to Vanessa again.
"I need out of here I can't stand it."shakes my head so done with it here. "How's Slade?"
"Not doing so good, when I got there he was...beaten." She whispers the last word making me jump up.
"What?!" I scream making officers charge me grabbing me shoving me away.
_____________________________
I'm sorry guys it's been forever!!!! Please comment and vote!! I love you all!!!! Thanks for being patient with me!