Chapter 3.

Chapter 3.

I've spent about a week skipping around the city. Staying under the bridge, in motels. Scoping out what the city doesn't want people to see. I would have to find a way to make some cash soon because so far, just not so good. I mean I had enough to get by but I needed more for the fall out. I needed enough that if I was found I could get away. No I wasn't going to disappear for good. I was going to disappear until I found the appropriate time to cause the world to crash down around the people responsible for taking my life away. I, Alexandra Trovessa, would destroy the man that killed my mother.

It was getting late. My depressing moods lately were getting to me, even I needed to be around people, if only to pick up on the atmosphere. Even if just to observe from a distance. Usually never a good idea but under the circumstances I needed a momentary distraction and a cold stiff drink. A very stiff drink.

Walking into a bar, I began to weave my way through the crowd. Still, this one was less packed than the other bars on the edge of this street. Ignoring the few annoying stares on the way up to the bartender, I pulled my hair farther forward to cover my face and kept my head slightly tilted down.

"Shot of tequila," I called, once the flick of my wrist got the bar tenders attention.

Leaning against the bar I took a quick look around for any faces I should avoid. Turning back to the bar I looked around but no drink. The girl serving was down talking to a group of three as she pulled a few beers from below. Where the hell is my drink?

Just then I felt a hand on the small of my back and two shots were put in front of me. I turned around and was backed against the bar.

I had to defuse this situation.

Two hands held my face and I was facing the man I met the first day I stepped off the bus. I had unknowingly step into the same bar because I was to far into my own head to notice. Couldn't he have worked a different shift?

"What happened this time?" The worry on his face was starling but his tone was demanding. I couldn't understand it. What the hell? I can't handle this.

"Excuse me?" I glared at him, hoping he would drop his intrusion of my personal privacy. He just had to spot me and remember my face. I remembered how green his eyes were and how he had a slight scar on his brow from an old piercing. I remembered everyone I, actually, spoke to.

He ran a thumb across the bruise on my cheek. "Please. Just tell me what happened this time."

Pushing him away I got up in his face as discretely as I could and spoke firmly. "I don't need this! You don't know me. I don't know you. Stop drawing everybody's attention. You're better off leaving me alone." Turning around, I quickly took the two shots before making my way through the crowd for the back door. Only the few who stood near us took notice of our little confrontation, giving us both curios look. Well more like me.

The brisk night air hit me on the way out and I quickly started down the ally, only covering a short distance before I heard his quick steps behind me. "Wait! Just wait a minute!"

Does this guy not get the hint? What is wrong with him? Spinning around I startled him into a stop from my sudden movement. He was close. Glaring at him I spoke. "Leave me alone or I will make you!"

"Look," He put his hand out in surrender with a pleading look. "I'm sorry."

"Good! I forgive you! Now, go away!" Throwing my hands up in exasperation, I turned around to keep going despite his chuckle at my dramatics. Screw him. I didn't find this shit funny.

Again I only managed a few short yards before I felt another tug on my arm. I really needed to take out those damn stitches. Crap that hurt. He quickly realized his grip hurt and let go.