Chapter 48

Chapter 48

"Vance!" Ally screamed down the hall in excitement. "Do you believe this place?"

Vance and Tom were checking out all of the rooms trying to figure out which one to stake claim on. Vance's house was put on the market a few weeks ago and he was already pretty happy with the second offer. Ally dances around from one room to the next checking out every detail, now that she had the extra time.

"How do we want to do this?" Vance asked me with a frown though he was still amused by Ally popping out one door down the hall only to disappear into the next.

"Well." I set the box I was carrying down on the ground and stretched my muscles out. "The wing in the front is going to be dedicated to the business until we finish the building on the property next door. You and Tom could pick rooms on the opposite sides of the back side of the second floor and Ally and I can take one in the front."

"Sounds cool to me." Tom came out of a room with a big grin. "Ally's right this place is awesome. Plus, I don't want to here you guys have wild sex if I'm not getting any." Both Vance and I socked him in opposite arms making Tom chuckle.

"Watch it." I warned with a laugh.

"Aries!!" We heard Ally yell and made our way down the hall. "You're so smart! Yes you are." I chuckled picturing the adorably stupid expression she usually wore when she talked to the dog like that before I even entered the room.

"What the hell, Ally!" Vance had a terrified look on his face and I moved farther into the room.

Ally wore a dumb struck expression on her face at his tone and Tom burst into laughter. It was then I realized what was in Aries's mouth and my mouth actually dropped as I tried not to chuckle myself. It would have been wrong.

"What?" She asked and looked at me in confusion before she turned to Tom and Vance.

"Vance might be a little..." I emphasized little with my fingers to ease the situation. "concerned with where Aries got the dead squirrel in his mouth."

"No shit." My brother threw his hands up and looked at me. I gave him a warning glare and he turned back to Alexandra, Tom was still trying to stifle his amusement at the absurdity of the situation. 

"Ally? Why are you in here baby talking to your beast when there is a dead animal hanging out his mouth?" Tom asked.

Aries chose that moment to let the thing drop all slobbery on the floor and Ally scratched behind his ear. "It came out of the fire place in the other room. The house has been empty for a while." Now Vance finally laughed.

"You've been running after a squirrel in our new house with your big ass beast of a dog and just didn't say anything. Ally you've been running around for a half hour." He rubbed his hands across his face and peeked through his fingers a minute before dropping them. "We thought you were just checking things out. Not chasing that."

"It's in his nature to chase things. He's a dog." She argued.

"Correction. Beast. He's a beast." Vance cut in making Ally smile. "That thing is no dog."

"I bet you the cover came loose to the chimney up on the roof." She continued. "Either way the beast is the only animal allowed in the house."

"Oh. I'm so not it for touching that." Vance shook his head dramatically and backed out of the room.

Tom scratched Aries on the head with a smirk. "Good doggie." He cooed. "You're so handsome. Yes you are." Aries's tail began to wag in excitement over the praise. "Now pick it up." Tom pointed at the animal and Aries picked it up. "I'll take him outside."