Chapter37

Chapter 37

Turns out if you pick the right rabbit, he'll lead you to the hole. I caught sight of Rico and kept on him for two days before he lead me here. I was camped out behind some dumpy old junk yard with my binoculars.

Nice pick, if you ask me. The cars would give me cover if I needed it.

I've spotted Ryker, Rico and Domino. There were a few extra men but they weren't the ones I was looking for. While I waited I tried to trace paths through the yard with my eyes, trying to memorize ways in and out.

Hours past and the sky had begun to darken before another car and a few men pulled in. Taking a deep breath I watched Drake's men open the door and escort him in. Drake hadn't changed since I last split, still same confident stride and unfriendly mask. He looked older though, a few extra marks on his face.

Flipping my binoculars to the heat setting I waited out the activity inside. The men stood guard and if I had to guess I would say it was the boys who sat around a table farther back. The one that never sat was Ryker. Even from the blurbed image I could recognize the posture.

Checking my watch I ground my teeth in impatience and leaned back in the grass. 9pm. I wanted this over. By 11pm if Elijah's a no show I'm going in. They'll have to take me to him.

I tried to keep focused on only what I might have to do next. I might hate him but I had more cards to play with Elijah. He's my father. Waiting for him would slim down the contact I actually had to make. I had no delusion about descending back into hell. I might or might not come out. If I could play it out right, I could buy enough time to cast a net before I activate the transmitted.

See as delusional as my father may be, he's dangerous because he's extremely intelligent. Those two traits though they don't often come together make a deadly combination. He's dangerously ambitious and believes every move he makes is justifiable. He believes that one day the government will fall and leave us weak, vulnerable, to afraid, action by hand of our enemies.

Elijah, through his drug and weapons trade has been blackmailing and establishing pull with leaders all over the world. He's a busy man for being in prison so long. Generation after generation have been working towards being in the right position to enforce a vision upon us all. Where we will be dictated to and only the strongest will have control.

If you think about it my father and I had very similar visions. We both work towards irradication. Difference is, I see them all as the poison that killed my mother and taken my life. I won't let them poison the rest.

Elijah was impatient. He wasn't waiting for the government to fall, he was going to make it. The new chemical weapons interest was a big red flag. Why begin to focus on bombs? The gang had their own brand of old fashioned, we used fire to burn down buildings not explosives.

When I was ushered into being a full member beyond blood, despite the circumstances of that transition, my father had become fascinated with how quickly I climbed the ladder. I wasn't sure how much my father really knew about what trouble I've caused in his absence. I would have an idea when I saw him. I doubted Drake would want to throw himself to the shredder. Elijah's vision for me changed when he began to believe that I was beyond what he hoped my mother had been. I was a spitting image of her but, stronger and eager to fight in his eyes, like himself. Elijah believed it was his blood, his line that allowed me to inherit that strength and drive but really it was just me making it through another day.

They were beginning to make big moves. I would put money on it that my father would want me to become the face of those big moves. I would be the big spin against the ones he had yet to win.