• Chapter 40 •

"Yo I ain't gone lie...them niggas funny as hell." Turtle said jumping on the counter.

"Nigga, get down. And take that ham to the table."

He nodded and grabbed the ham. "Aye, is Kaymere here?"

Amber walked in the kitchen. "Nah not yet. You good?"

"Yea I'm straight. I'm bouta get real aggravated tho. I try to do something nice and niggas can't even be here on time."

The door opened and they started yelling. "Oh shit. I think that's him at the door." Amber said walking to the dining room.

"Nah duh." I grabbed the greens and put them on the table.

"This you Kay?" Bean asked.

I know he fucking lying.

I walked into the living room. And Z was hereeeee. I nodded. "Food ready everybody."

"Finally, I'm hungry as hell." Lil said "Oh, I'm sitting next to you too."

"I'm sitting next to the chair with the pillow." I pointed to Pookie seat."

Everybody got seated and started looking around. "I think we should go around and say what we thankful for." Pookie suggested.

"Damn I hate kids." Bean shook his head. "Well, I'm thankful for my niggas."

"I'm thankful for Ki bringing us here to see our mans again." Wy said.

"Awe, so nice" G announced. "I'm thankful for my baby, Meremere."

The whole table gasped. "Neverrrrrrr." Bean chuckled.

My hand just automatically went into a fist. Until Pookie grabbed it. I looked at her. "I think everybody should eat now." I stood up.

"Well shiddddddd. It already look like somebody did." Turtle said.

"I had plates to make. I'll be back in a minute." I grabbed my nana and crystal plates.

"Where you going?" Money asked.

"I'm going to take nana her food."

Kaymere pushed his chair out. "I'm coming with you. She called me to bring her something."

I walked out the door and hopped in the car. He was coming to the passenger side. "Can you sit in the back please?" I started the car.

I drove in silence, until he decided to talk to me. "Blu, I didn't want her to come but you know I can't hurt people feelings."

"I don't care." I continued to drive.

"And I told her never call me Mere."

"Somebody gone have to, Kay."

"Don't call me that shit. You not my fucking homie."

"Oh but I am. I am very much a homeboy. Cause I'm most definitely not your girl."

"Mane, stop saying dumb shit to me." He sat back and got on his phone.

"It's not dumb shit. It's the truth. I bet your "friend" don't know we be fucking. I know for a fact she don't know why you was gone or who gave me this ring. I ask for one thing from you and that's to tell me the truth. Just one thing."

"Cause shit like this. I won't tell you the truth cause you think you everybody momma. You act like you gone beat my ass every time I tell you something."

"No I don't." I gripped the steering wheel.

"Let me finish. Nobody can tell you anything because it goes in one ear and out the other. You never look at the bigger picture because you look at the small problems. Little shit that we can fix. It's your way or no way. You ain't a little kid no more. Nobody here to give you everything you asking for. I try but you can't compare everybody to yo pops Blu. Everybody ain't built like him. And you definitely gotta stop comparing yo self to yo pops. Pookie gone grow up and look at you different. Like she can't come to her big sister because all she gone do is yell and try to lecture her. You gotta step in they shoes, see how they feeling. I spent the whole first day with you when I got here and the first thing you do to me is take a plan b. Right in front of me too. Couldn't even wait till I got out the car or something. You didn't think about how dat made me feel."

I parked the car, grabbed the plates and got out without saying anything. I couldn't. He wasn't lying, I been real ignorant but it's different now. He wasn't here while I was grieving, I changed. Things had to change.

I need to kill somebody.

I opened the door and all I hear is yelling coming from upstairs. I put the plates down to get upstairs to Crystal trying to get some money.

"Momma just give me 20 damn dollars."

"I don't have no money for you Crystal."

"Yes you do. I know you lying. I know she came and brought you some money."

"Crystal I brought you some food. It's downstairs, you should eat."

"Chile please. I don't want no damn food from you. Give me some money." She started walking towards the stairs.

"I'm not giving you money and nana not either. So you go finish yo holiday."

"Akiyae, I'm fine baby. Thank you for the food but you can go home." Nana said walking downstairs.

"I'm not leaving till she leave so."

"You know it's taking everything in my not to just beat yo ass and take the money myself." Crystal picked up the plate and through it. "I don't want no damn food from you. I just asked for 20 dollars."

"Crystal!! Leave now!"

"Nah Nana, she tweekin." I looked at her. "Fuck is good with you. I promised my daddy I would never put my hands on you but today you bugged out." I grabbed by her little weak ass jacket she had on, opened the door, and pushed her off the porch. "Oh here." I pulled out a hundred dollar bill. "Take it. If you wanna kill yo self, do it."

"I hope that other child of his never become nothing like you. You use less. Ain't gone be shit or do shit with yourself. You gone end up just like yo daddy." She turned around. "Oh and tell them corner boys to start selling to me. You ain't my child. Worried about what I'm doing with myself."

"Blu, come on." Damn I forgot he was outside. I walked back in the house.

"Baby, go home and eat. Go be with your friends." Nana stood at the door.

"Lemme pick this up first. I'm fine, I got it." I started picking up the plate.

"I got it Akiyae. Go home."

"Nana I said I got it."

"Kaymere come get her." She went into the kitchen.

"Come on Blu. Let's go get something to eat."

"I'm not hungry. You can go. I'll tell Mykyla come get me."

He picked me up. "Now I know you talking crazy. You know damn well that girl can't drive. Nana I'll call you." He walked out the door and put me the the backseat of the car.

He started driving. "Can you take me home? I don't want nothing to eat."

"What about Pook?"

"I know she fine."

"But are you okay?"

"No." I don't know why but I just bursted out in tears. "I don't want her to be around me. That's why I don't want kids. Because I don't want them to be like me."

"Blu don't listen to what she said, it ain't try. I promise you it ain't."

"I-I been a real bad person while you was gone. I killed somebody. A couple people. I just been so mad about nothing. I'm sorry. I lied. I broke our promise. I grew up to be just like our daddies. I thought I had to be strong for Pookie. Now she don't got no dad."

The car stopped. I didn't even realize I was at home. He picked me up and took my to my room. He kissed my 3 times. "I'll be back. I'll bring you some food and we can lay up and we can talk about everything."

I sniffled. "Okay."

"I'm taking your car doe." I laughed. "I'll be back in a little while." He kissed me again and left out the door.